Echo Dot or Google Mini

JonMMM

DW Regular
Looking at buying a couple, 1 for the living room and 1 for the kitchen on different floors of the house.

I have a harmony hub on the main TV and would like to pause / mute the TV when the phone rings without trying to grab the remote (I work from home).

The wife likes to play music (normally through you tube on her phone) in the kitchen would like to do that through the device does not have to be youtube but does need to be a free service.

Would be nice to use them as a sort of intercom between the rooms.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Not sure about the google stuff but the amazon stuff does everything you've mentioned! Music, voice operated tv, intercom and message broadcasting.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
I don't really use a free one. I have Prime so get free music through that. You can upload your own songs to ibroadcast and install the iboradcast skill. Or use plex and the plex skill or pay £3.99pm for one device to have over 40millions songs.

JonMMM

DW Regular
I don't really use a free one. I have Prime so get free music through that. You can upload your own songs to ibroadcast and install the iboradcast skill. Or use plex and the plex skill or pay £3.99pm for one device to have over 40millions songs.
I have prime I thought music prime was extra?

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
I have prime I thought music prime was extra?
no m8. you get a few million free with prime music. i think your thinking about Amazon Music Unlimited which has 50millions songs and costs extra?

JonMMM

DW Regular
Can you do a couple of tests for me please

Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran
Bohemiam Rhasody by Queen

gadgethome

VIP Member
VIP Member
Castle on the hill is amazon music unlimited.
Bohemian rhapsody is available on prime

JonMMM

DW Regular
Free spotify has Castle on the hill, and works on Google Home, Echo only seams to support paid Spotify?

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
You can use spotify on the echo/dots but you need to change the default music service to spotify :-(

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Castle on the hill is amazon music unlimited.
Bohemian rhapsody is available on prime
tried both those and none work on prime music here :-( only availiable on music unlimited.

TEST