Echo/Alexa speaker any good?

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So my mother in law wants an alexa for christmas and the father in law wants a bluetooth speaker as the you can barely hear the tv in the kitchen since the living/kitchen is so big.

Just seen this and was wondering will this be 2 birds with one stone.

The TV is a smart TV that has bluetooth built in so I assume i will be able to connect it to the echo/alexa and in total the distance between the TV and placmenent of the echo/alexa will be about 10-15 meters.

Are the speakers in these any good?

Im open to any suggestions here.

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an echo dot and use this with it, really good sound, better than the echo on its own
Portable Bluetooth Speaker, UMIDIGI Wireless Rechargeable Powerful Stereo Sound Speaker with Dual 10W Drivers (Bluetooth 4.0, Aluminum-Alloy, Built-in ( currently unavailable)
You need a exteral speaker for sound quality

avid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the 3rd gen echo in the kitchen and the sound is not bad and would be adequate for a TV. But it might been strange for the sound to be coming from a different location to the TV imo. You would have to test it and if they didn’t like just send it back as Amazon are pretty good excepting returns ime.

I meant to say that I do use a Bose Bluetooth speaker with my echo but on its own it’s not to bad and maybe they have improved the sound with 4th gen.

avid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure that you will be able to have the sound from your tv put through the echo as I think the Amazon speakers only have sound out not in.

avid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. From the looks of the link @gez provided it looks like it is possible to send the audio to the TV speakers and the echo/alexa.

the sounds does not have to be fantastic or anything. They are in there 60s and far from audiophiles.

I doubt as the speaker and tv are in the same room there will be any issue with latency but will need to test

avid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
@Grimeire I have read a few reviews about the 4th gen dot and they are saying that there’s not much difference other than the shape and a slight improvement in sound. So if you can pick the third gen up cheaper and save a few bob. Personally I’m not keen on the new shape and I think the third gen is more discreet imo.

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
There is only 10-20 in the difference so I'll go with the new one.

Don't want to be listening to the mother in law saying I'm cheap getting the old one. She is bad enough when she doesn't have ammunition.

😅😂

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couldn't a friend or someone on here order it for you, depends where you live

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldn't a friend or someone on here order it for you, depends where you live
Would you be one of those friends. 🙄

It says it on the site only with alexa

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do u live
Ireland but you can send it to my courier in northern Ireland or London.

Can you not just enter my address when ordering so you don't have to worry about any additional fees. I can send you the mula via PayPal or what you want

TEST