ebay selling advice please

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
as much as i hate the place, and now being forced to accept gaypal as payment, do you think this listing would cover me from being ripped off on there?

ROVER SDM-1s digital professional satellite meter, as used by sky installers. selling due to upgrade, auction is for meter only (and a slightly battered case if wanted, if you would like the case please ask for it, or it will not be sent) as i use the power supply from my laptop to charge it. the picture shows the meter working and searching for the sky satellite, this meter can also be 'unlocked' to search for over 70 transponders on approx 20 satellites by holding all the buttons except the power button for 5 seconds.

As there is no power supply the meter is being sold as faulty and/or parts missing and no returns or paypal disputes over the condition of the meter will be entertained. There is also a slight scratch on the protective screen covering as seen in the picture, but this is cosmetic damage only and does not affect the operation of the meter

WILL NOT post outside of the united kingdom, WILL NOT accept a cheque for 14.2 million pounds and send you the change

If paying by paypal will ONLY post to verified paypal address via tracked and insured delivery, NO other address, so if youre address is not paypal verified, please contact to arrange other payment options

P&P costs include postage costs, insurance, tracking, packaging and handling fees, if you do not agree with this, please do not bid

can you think of anything else i should add?

cheers

Maybe a bit more about your returns policy m8, cover everything..

there is no returns policy m8 lol, its fully working, but being sold as faulty / incomplete

they pulled my listing, tw@s, here was the actual listing, and their reasons why.

listing said:
ROVER SDM-1s digital professional satellite meter, as used by sky installers.Ideal for someone looking to alaign dishes on a caravan park etc. selling due to upgrade, auction is for meter only (and a slightly battered case if wanted, if you would like the case please ask for it, or it will not be sent) as i use the power supply from my laptop to charge it. the picture shows the meter working and searching for the sky satellite, this meter can also be 'unlocked' to search for over 70 transponders on approx 20 satellites by holding all the buttons except the power button for 5 seconds. Any 12V universal power supply will charge this meter.

As there is no power supply the meter is being sold as faulty and/or parts missing and no returns or paypal disputes over the condition of the meter will be entertained. There is also a slight scratch on the protective screen covering as seen in the picture, but this is cosmetic damage only and does not affect the operation of the meter

WILL NOT post outside of the united kingdom, WILL NOT accept a cheque for 14.2 million pounds and send you the change

Would prefer payment via cheque (please allow 5-7 days to clear), postal order or payment direct into bank, but ebay now forces sellers to accept their own paypal service.

If paying by paypal i will ONLY post to verified paypal address via tracked and insured delivery, NO other address, so if youre address is not paypal verified, please contact to arrange other payment options

P&P costs include postage costs, insurance, tracking, packaging and handling fees, if you do not agree with this, please do not bid. Item will be dispatched the morning following clearance of payment.

This is also advertised for sale elsewhere so listing may be removed without notice

reason 1, they sent me this email twice
Any terms that contradict the eBay User Agreement or that inadvertently breach eBay listing policies are not permitted in listings. The eBay User Agreement states that you may not fail to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet the listing terms, or you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity.

reason 2, because i said 'as used by sky'
Keyword spamming is not permitted on eBay. Keyword spamming is using brand names or other inappropriate keywords in an item title or description for the purpose of gaining attention or diverting buyers to a listing. You may not make comparisons between items in a listing title. This includes using celebrity names.

AND they kept my 5p listing fee, robbing fooks, i hate ebay even more than i did yesterday now

Last edited:
As the listing only cost you 5p you have to laugh.

I can't believe that you can't mention that it is the same meter as used by sly. Either we we haven't learnt nothing new about them. What about selling it on ebid?

They also pull listing with the following wording:

This is also advertised for sale elsewhere so listing may be removed without notice

fooking fannies kept me 12p aswell :)

I think all these pulled listings pay for the coffee machine in the office.

If you accept paypal and they use a credit card to pay, they can do a chargeback with their credit card company for many invented reasons. They get their money back and paypal cant do a thing about it and also charge you for having to handle the charge back.

Dont accept paypal unless you can afford to lose the money

keyword spamming, bollocks people sell things on there every day saying they can be or are used by ******, ***, sky etc etc, relist it and send them an email saying if i cant list why are they and add an example of another listing with keywords in

Back