Ebay...Seller wont sell

Kylie's gusset

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just wondered what happens if a seller goes back on the ebay agreement and refuses to sell?
I won a PS2 last night, and today I recieved an e mail from the seller stating that the PS2 should not have been put up for sale!! .. No mention of a refund or anything, just a sorry.

I won it at a good price, and I get the feeling she doesn't think she's getting what she expected for it, and now wants to hold on to it. If anything I'd prefer the PS2 to a refund, but how could I force that issue?

She is a new member so had no feedback, but I paid through Paypal.

i think you will most likely get your money back....but it is a pain in the backside process. personally i would get the ball rollign as soon as you can and log a complaint/issue

ask eBay for their details and phone them

Only phone if you're prepared to put on your most formal voice and try frightening them into sending it by threatening crazy legal action if you don't receive it?

eBay is a pretty toothless tiger and they wont help much - realistically they'll just send the seller some emails reminding them of seller terms&conditions, give them a bit of a warning, and MAYBE restrict or suspend their eBay account... but that's it.

You get situations like this with a lot of new eBay sellers - like you said, its probably the 1st time they've listed something on there and they dreamed it would go for loadsamoney.

If they had a bit more eBay experience they would have cancelled the auction before it closed or at least just lied to you and said that the item had been damaged/stolen/lost and that's why they cant send it.

Might as well get your refund process started mate.

Thanks. Well I have e mailed her reminding her that she is bound by a contract. And as I have deposited the money into her Paypal account already, I asked her what she intends to do about it.
Hopefully as she's a noob it might frighten her into giving in, but I'm not holding my breath lol.

ring her, as you have won the item ebay will give youi her contact details, search via ebay help section as i can not rememeber the page for it

Thanks. Well I have e mailed her reminding her that she is bound by a contract. And as I have deposited the money into her Paypal account already, I asked her what she intends to do about it.
Hopefully as she's a noob it might frighten her into giving in, but I'm not holding my breath lol.

hahaha thats the fighting spirit mate!

threaten that you're reporting her to ebay, to the rozzers, to her local paper, to trading standards, to the small claims court, to nicky campbell at bbc watchdog, to the jeremy kyle show and to anyone else you can think of!!!!!

LOL a mans gotta do whatever he's gotta do for a cheap PS2!!!

happened to me about a year ago,bought a ps3 off a chunt at a great price but the next day he said it wasnt working properly (load of sh*te imo)and was withdrawing it : asshole
luckily the money was refunded right away through paypal

moral of the story is never buy off someone with very little feedback

hahaha thats the fighting spirit mate!

threaten that you're reporting her to ebay, to the rozzers, to her local paper, to trading standards, to the small claims court, to nicky campbell at bbc watchdog, to the jeremy kyle show and to anyone else you can think of!!!!!

LOL a mans gotta do whatever he's gotta do for a cheap PS2!!!

Hmm... I never thought of threatening her with Jeremy Kyle:respect:

Have they accepted the payment?

I had a similar experience with a watch I won, they then claimed they had already sold it elsewhere. As I had sent payment I left them negative feedback and as thy hadn't accepted the money it was still pending so I just recalled it and canceled the transaction. It is still sat in my My Ebay page awaiting payment but I have just deleted it now.

Like said before, watch out for really low feedback of 10 or less.

contact paypal get them to reverse charges, and leave negative feedback

easy as that

Just got this of ebay basically worse case is that ebay may ban them you must have got the PS2 really cheap......lol

Sellers are expected to perform consistently in a manner that results in a high level of buyer satisfaction. If a seller’s interactions with buyers result in greater than a 5% level of buyer dissatisfaction, as evidenced by negative/neutral feedback and/or Item Not Received complaints received over the recent 90-day period, the seller is in breach of the Seller Non-Performance policy. Please note that although we are not including Detailed Seller Ratings at this time, we will be using them in the future

When a seller lists an item on eBay, and a buyer bids for and wins that item, the seller and buyer have entered into a contract that both members are expected to honour. If the seller doesn't live up to this agreement, it leads to a bad buyer experience and may result in negative or neutral feedback for the seller. Good practices that help sellers promote buyer satisfaction include:

Accurately describing the condition, size and quality of the item directly in the listing.

Honouring the original terms by accepting payment for an item at the end of a successful sale.

Promptly dispatching the item with appropriate packaging once payment has been received.

Responding promptly and professionally to questions from the buyer.

Proactively communicating with the buyer throughout the transaction.

Issuing refunds in a timely manner when accepting returns or when there are problems with delivery.

Breaches of this policy by a seller may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Selling fee schedule adjustments

Loss of PowerSeller status

Referral to Law Enforcement

The consequences for breaching this policy are determined primarily by the level of buyer dissatisfaction. Sellers with buyer dissatisfaction levels between 5% and 10% will, at minimum, have their selling privileges limited for a period of time. Sellers with buyer dissatisfaction levels exceeding 10% will, at minimum, have their site privileges substantially restricted, possibly including a complete restriction on selling privileges. Failure to bring buyer satisfaction rates within an acceptable range may result in account suspension

what an idiot. how stupid of her to say that?

Back