Ebay Rant

stihl260

DW Top Poster +
Reaction score
My wife bid on a Cabin Bed and mattress on Ebay, Seller has 0 Feeback.
Opening bid is £50, so put a max bid in of £120.
Seler gets asked what would she take for it and answer was about £110.
Auction ends, no one else bids and in theory we won it for £50.

I ask when we can pick it up and pay cash for it.
get a reply saying its been water damaged, stored in the garage!, so the sale is off.

In other words it did not make the money , so they had to bullsh*t their way out of the sale.

In nearly 10 years on Ebay i think i have heard most of the excuses when you win something that does not make the price that the seller wanted.

I hate these T*ssers.

did you put in a complaint to ebay? Surely the seller should have put in a minimum price they would have sold for?

if ebay dont do anything
watch out for the same bed for sale on ebay by them then report them
keep a copy of the sale item you bid on
they will get banned off ebay

Simler thing happend to Me once. I brought an laptop for spares and in the pic the laptop looked good. Anyway cut a long story short I got it cheaper then the price he said he was looking for via email. When I got the laptop delivered it was bent and damaged etc.

Good job I only wanted it for parts :proud:

All sorted as far as im concerned.

Left Negative feedback for seller ( now has a -1)

Reported the whole transaction to customer services at ebay.

They said that if the seller was to file a NPB claim against me they would deal with it and any bad feeback (i know they cant leave me a Neg.) would be removed.

Result!

i remember some guy aving a rant at me on why he didnt get his item the next day

i told sure m8 i just nip down the post office at 8.30 on sat night to post your item.

the best ones are at xmas i bought my xmas eve and paid for next day post wheres me item

I thought ebay could force him to complete the deal as it is a legal binding contract that can only be cancelled if both parties agree?

Send him an email back saying your house will be water damaged after the firebrigade put the fire out.. :)

Back