eBay purchase arrived smashed to bits !what do i do

2primo

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok purchased some 2 items for a seller on ebay only £30 odd quid and £20 postage heavy items however they where sent DHL and even tho they where well packed it seem as they where heavy they have been thrown about and there fooked now ! in fact there electrical and there a danger to use
i paid paypal from my credit card ..
i have sent the seller pictures so he can claim and asked for a refund via paypal hes offered 1/2 after i placed a dispute not a claim yet !!!
And says he will send the remainder after he gets paid out ...
fecking cheek if ya ask me as its my dough he will be claiming for as hes been paid already !!
so what to i do escalate the dispute to a claim ?
whats the likely outcome , he has acknowledged the items are broken in a paypal message !
or do i take the 1/2 and hope i get the other 1/2 sometime ...
He has asked for more pictures of the packaging today so he can claim
should i take the £25 and tell him go fec himself for the pickys
that way we are both out of pocket lol
what would you do ...

personally, I would get him to get a refund from DHL then get him to refund you the full costs, including postage.

personally, I would get him to get a refund from DHL then get him to refund you the full costs, including postage.

I would do it the other way about, get him to refund you fully then let him worry about recuperating the costs from DHL.

i sent this guy pictures of the items he accepted there facked and then i suggested he refunded my £££ he ignored me i opened a papal dispute he then
offered me less than 1/2 the cash back i sent a message via paypal
saying he had a cheek and i was prepared for him to pay me for the goods
and wait for the postage .... fair enough
but he offered me 1/2 witch is close enough i guess but not what i asked for and i though i was being more than fair btw .

What pees me off is that if he gets the value of the items and his postage costs back he will have been paid £50 odd from me a then £50 odd insurance
and as he sold the items for £50 minus the postages So hes on a right winner.
i may well just take the £25 and tell him if he wants his pictures send me a payment for the other £25 or he can fec off
people like this get on my goat he knows the items he sent are worthless now as i sent pictures of them smashed ...Grade one Ahole

Last edited:
mmmm...I dont buy from ebay....although for some it can be great. I never received anything from this guy...fake id and address...bought laptop its broken too! I just do not trust them. Check with citizen advice if you think it is worth the bother...they may be able to help?

Hope this helps?

I believe if you accept the 1/2 payment, when paypal check it shows as a refund but doesn't show the amount? Therefore you won't be able to escalate to get your full amount back and paypal will wash their hands of it all.

My advice escalate now...

If paypal/seller still refuse to refund see if your credit card company will do a claw back (value less the £100 so they don't have to). Paypal won't stay out of pocket and they'll take the money back from the seller regardless of who's favour the find in.

I agree with Little Pob. Escalate the dispute as you know you will be fully covered with paypal protection (or should be anyway). You have to cover yourself, if you dont raise the dispute then you wont have any protection.

if his paypal account is empty u wont get a penny ,, just give him a little time m8 ,, it gets out of hand

Don't compromise!
It's not your fault. As ICE2004 said, get him to refund you in full and he can claim off the carrier (that's who his contract is with)

Don't compromise!
It's not your fault. As ICE2004 said, get him to refund you in full and he can claim off the carrier (that's who his contract is with)

exactly my thoughts, make a claim now mate.. the bloke is being a bare faced cheeky twat. as said, if paypal dont refund, your credit card comp should.

The items are not as described basically... there smashed lol. should be a simple enough case. Id hold back on photos until paypal decide what there gonna do mate myself.

offering you half of what you paid is just a utter piss take, dont even consider taking it.

Give the seller a break, let him claim from DHL then get your money back off him. It will be a lot simpler in the end.

Otherwise you may end up chasing the guy for money he doesnt have...

Give the seller a break, let him claim from DHL then get your money back off him. It will be a lot simpler in the end.

Otherwise you may end up chasing the guy for money he doesnt have...

he has 2primos money lol

yeah, but he may have spent it since getting it.

I have no idea, its just what I would do. And then, after giving him the benefit of the doubt and if I still didnt have my refund including P&P, then I would start a claim.

if u start a claim then end it u cant start another. if it was well packaged its quite likely he sent you broken shit to start with. whatever happens dont end your claim unless he gives you a full refund, he has nothing to lose as he can claim it back. there is no reason for him to offer you half

I use to work for DHL untill recentley and i can tell you the sender will not get compensated until approx 3 months.So i would take up your claim immediatley with credit card company and paypal.I also agree don't except half as that will show a refund.

Back