ebay item scam!

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok this is obviously a scam as im not selling anything on ebay atm nor have i ever tried to sell this item. What im not sure of is how does this actualy work as a scam. What are they trying to obtain from me? any advice for future reference would be great thanks

ps i know this is a scam so will not be replying in anyway.

here is the email.

Question about Item -- Respond Now
eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address. Click the Respond Now button below to send your response via My Messages.

Question from me2kitty
me2kitty( 250)
Positive Feedback: 90.9%
Registered On: www.ebay.com

Item: 1" SCALE SOUTHWEST DOLLHOUSE MEXICAN RED WARE BEAN POT ( 9527750734)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
me2kitty is the winner.

I don`t understand your payment instructions.can you tell me about this? thank you!
Respond to this question in My Messages.

Item Details

Item name: 1" SCALE SOUTHWEST DOLLHOUSE MEXICAN RED WARE BEAN POT
Item number: 9527750734
End date: July-31-06 11:15:00 PDT

sargieboy said:
Item: 1" SCALE SOUTHWEST DOLLHOUSE MEXICAN RED WARE BEAN POT ( 9527750734)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
me2kitty is the winner.

I don`t understand your payment instructions.can you tell me about this? thank you!

Where did you find this message? Was it delivered to your email address, OR your email address AND "My Messages"? Go to 'My Messages' on eBay and see if the same thing is there. If it is, then this is completely legit.

Note top line:
---------------------- {{m2kitty is the winner}}

If this is shown in 'My Messages' then at some point in your eBay career, this item was sold through your account. If you didnt list it yourself, then somebody else has either done it without telling you, or you've been well and truely hacked {you can't fake the headers in 'My Messages'}

changes are, you've been hacked, and the hacker has confused the legitimate seller about where to send payment (probably via western union), and they are sending you the question to clear it up.

Hi guys sorry for late reply this email was sent to my email account but it is not in my messages on ebay so i havnt been hacked. Thankfully so any other ideas?

Back