ebay: incorrect listing?

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
guys

i recently bought an item off ebay and in its listing it states 24 hr courier now i purchased and paid for this item on friday and i still have had nothing no goods or track number.
i have contacted the guy and still no reply, what are my options please?

does it say in the listing that he'll despatch it within 24 hours?

sellers often put 24hr courier but they can hang on to the goods for a week then send it 24hr courier,ive had this problem a few times and paypal dont give a shit!

i have had this quite a few times

it states despatched within 24 hours of payment recieved, and yet 5 days later nothing, and on 6 or 7 day it arrives

this is what it says guys

£11.99
Other 24 Hour Courier
Service to United Kingdom

the point is 24hr and no its nearly a week it aint really fair is it?

im giving him the chance cos may be working etc but i mean if your gonna sell on there there has to be rules right?

this is what it says guys

£11.99
Other 24 Hour Courier
Service to United Kingdom

the point is 24hr and no its nearly a week it aint really fair is it?

im giving him the chance cos may be working etc but i mean if your gonna sell on there there has to be rules right?

Mate I hope all is well but from what I can gather on this post, ahem, where have you been for the last few years?

Please just Google eBay.

All what you have brought up is stock postage options from eBay which mean.....well erm, not a lot in real terms.

Give us the ebay item number and we can possibly put your mind at rest, you never know, the item may arrive tomorrow. Please do not take eBays stock 24/48 hour bs postage as a guaranteed time scale. It is just an automated scale that they have enveloped into their pathetic robot/Hitler style system.

If it states 24 hours you can expect it to take anything up to 10 days before you need to start worrying.

Hope all comes out well fella. :flagwave:

Last edited:
You also can't report is as not received for at least7 days after the auction, and they then give the seller another 7 days to reply. Hope you get it sorted m8.

it has arrived this morning:FRIGHT:

thanks fellas

24 hour other courier...doesnt actually mean you will have it in 24 hours, means its being delivered by a courier company who will deliver within 24 hours of picking it up, plus as said before its ebays pre-set options on ebay you cant change them

plus the person selling cant arrange with the courier company until after youve bought the item and actually knows where it is going! plus they could be at work etc...

i recently sold a guitar and had the same problem, was sold on the friday and courier company i used couldnt pick it up till the tuesday afternoon as i was at work on the monday and was delivered first thing wednesday morning...that was after several abuses emails from the guy going on about 24 hour delivery

Last edited:
24 hour other courier...doesnt actually mean you will have it in 24 hours, means its being delivered by a courier company who will deliver within 24 hours of picking it up, plus as said before its ebays pre-set options on ebay you cant change them

plus the person selling cant arrange with the courier company until after youve bought the item and actually knows where it is going! plus they could be at work etc...

i recently sold a guitar and had the same problem, was sold on the friday and courier company i used couldnt pick it up till the tuesday afternoon as i was at work on the monday and was delivered first thing wednesday morning...that was after several abuses emails from the guy going on about 24 hour delivery

lets get 1 thing straight here mate i did not send abusive emails i merely ask for his response to the situation and i still have had no response.

sorry if you read what i said as some sort of attack on you, more how ebays options are misleading...was just stating a story that happened to me, never once said you sent the guy any abusive emails

Last edited:
Back