ebay email?

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
i have just received this email it looks to be fake but unsure, has anyone else had this?

Your eBay account has been suspended. eBay took this action after determining that your account was acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies.

You are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any seller fees that are still owed are due to eBay immediately. eBay will charge any amounts that you have not previously disputed to the billing method that is currently on file.
1. A recent change in your personal information ( i.e.change of address).
2. Submiting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
3. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.
4. Fraud Alert - Somone tried to sign in to eBay but not successful.

Please update and verify your information by clicking the link below:

View the dispute thread to respond

If your account information is not updated within 24 hours then your ability to sell or bid on eBay will become restricted.

Thank you

The eBay Billing Deptartment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2008 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

I would say it's completely fake mate.
What you should do is forget the email and see if you can still log onto ur account via using the web browser. If you can no problem then it's 100% fake and on the safe side maybe change ur password.
I never deal with emails from ebay in outlook, i always tend to read them when im logged onto email as then i know who they have came from.
if you can't get into your account then you need to email ebay, im unsure if i would fill in a form via email tho, doesn't sounds safe at all

Its a scam, I get em nearly every day now.

They're doing my head in.

Just delete it. Also if you get any e-mail like this, never use the link on it. Always open a browser session yourself and then go to the web address and log in as you normally would.

Mike

i keep getting one from paypall telling me my account has been violated and to go to this site to update info.looks real enough but its not. be carefull. did you get it in your my ebay?

ill delete logged into ebay and no mention in there.

i get them from banks in hotmail, hsbc , natwest etc, i just report them to the banks email and to my norton aswell.

If you get an e-mail from Ebay or Paypal, if it is genuine it WILL ALWAYS have your REAL NAME in it.

i.e. ' This e-mail is sent to Joe Bloggs' it will be in the body of the text.

If I get any e-mails from them I always forward them to '[email protected]' or spoof @paypal.co.uk'

They reply pretty quickly and tell you if it is genuine. (most aren't)

If you get an e-mail from Ebay or Paypal, if it is genuine it WILL ALWAYS have your REAL NAME in it.

i.e. ' This e-mail is sent to Joe Bloggs' it will be in the body of the text.

If I get any e-mails from them I always forward them to '[email protected]' or spoof @paypal.co.uk'

They reply pretty quickly and tell you if it is genuine. (most aren't)
thanks for that info pips m8.

Back