Ebay driving me mad !!!

FUBAR69

Inactive User
Reaction score
I bought a top brand drill from ebay but when it arrived it was a cheap piece of crap and not what I had ordered, after the whole "talking with the seller" etc etc... and a dispute then a claim they have informed me that I am to get a full refund.....great I thought......

Then the w**kers told me that I am liable for the return postage ? ... £25 fecking quid ?

Can they do this sh*t ?

So I get to lose £25 and the tosser who tried to sell dodgy crap gets a freebee ?

What the hell ?

You could always send it second class recorded? as long as you have a tracking code send it by the cheapest method possible....try reducing down the packaging too

use interparcel.com, select the cheapest method, advantage is it's also recorded

yeh he also looses the cost of the postage of the sold item you only get the list price refunded not postage costs :(

If it's to be sent out of the country dont use international recorded as that isnt tracked once it leaves the UK.

I found parcelmonkey.co.uk to be one of the cheapest £7 inc VAT for next day UK delivery by citylink, upto 10kg. (interparcel.com was £10+VAT, parcel2go was £8.99+VAT)

If you used Paypal could you not make a claim for a refund, as it was not as described, false advertising, worth contacting them.

Under one of the sale acts, might even be DSR ? not sure, but I am pretty certain that if something is not fit for purpose etc... the seller has to pay for the return postage/collection of said item ... its not up to you to arrange postage ? have a look around mate. :)

Send him back anything, like a tin of fookin beans/dogfood lol

As long as its signed for/tracked then paypal will refund you

As he tried to rip you off give him a taste of his own medicine;)

Send him back anything, like a tin of fookin beans/dogfood lol

As long as its signed for/tracked then paypal will refund you

As he tried to rip you off give him a taste of his own medicine;)

yeah send him back an empty box the tosser :proud:

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies :)

Would I really get away with sending him a dud parcel ? lol

If I thought for a second I would like.........

send it payment on delivery with a nice little EXTRA INCLUDED :grab:

Send him back an even shitter drill.

seriously mate i had near the same problem not too long back.

OK

is he registered as a buisiness? does it say in his returns that the buyer is responsible for return post?

if he is a regged as a buisiness and it doesnt say in hi returns description then he is liable.

me personally would just send him a brick in a box, make sure its signed for and then when you can prove its been signed for your claim will be complete.

edit

dont send him an empty box , but like i say just send him something a bit weighty , end of the day as long as he signs for it dont matter, they aint gonna do shiit. just as long as you can provide a tracking number for something that has beeen sent to his address and it can be checked online (reocrded delivery) then your right!

feck him.

Last edited:
Back