ebay clamping down on dboxs?

cooltool

Inactive User
Reaction score
hmm looks like ebay figured out what dboxs do and is trying to clamp down on them. I had 2 of my auctions pulled even for not modified dbox 1 and 2?! which should really not be a problem to sell...
any one else had problems with ebay?

I don't know what your auction said but if you mention things like...Free channels...UK Cable...any cable company...etc. they'll end the auction.

for the dbox1 i didnt mentio any thing about uk cable ..
oh well .. just wonder when they will restict listing to uk for dboxs hehe

no i am neither of them ... but on my dbox2 add i did have loads of info .. it worked till about last week, i bet that dbox2 auction will be killed in a bit ..

Ebay

some guys selling from uk on ebay should phase the sales of there box more descretly take a leaf out of the book of the german guys ...........

Dingodog said:

OMG i think that THIS SITE and ME might be being used as a geuinea pig for that auction!

I've had a few PMs saying that they got my details from an ebay seller, and that this is a great forum which should be made 'more public' and 'visible in search engines'!

Doesnt that sound a bit fishy....!
It would be OK if all the profit from that auction was spent on donations to the site.. but thats just a pure con!

I feel sorry for the people who are buying that info on eBay! I had no problems finding this site on google a few years ago and I can still find it today!

i think really this site is too public as even non members can take things from this site and sell things on ebay that i dont agree with but it either does happen or can happen

the only thing a non member cant do is download but the info is still really the same thing in a round about way

the forums should be locked until you become a member but its not like that and it should be

sorry if im being bold but its true

cheers

infact i just logged out and deletted my cookies and files in my internet cache came on this site and at the top asked me to logg in i didnt and just went to the thread where there was links and links to downloads and hay i can take all of them and download them all

so something has got to be done about this as
we are encouraging people to leech and sell on ebay without being a member

so can a mod deal this this please!

cheers

gav12345 said:
i think really this site is too public as even non members can take things from this site and sell things on ebay that i dont agree with but it either does happen or can happen
the only thing a non member cant do is download but the info is still really the same thing in a round about way
the forums should be locked until you become a member but its not like that and it should be
sorry if im being bold but its true
cheers

I agree 100% with that, it desent stop them getting all the info they need, then selling it on the bay and making money out of other ppls hard work.
It wont stop it if they have to become a member before they can access the site but it will make it a bit more work for them and as most off the leechers are lazy gets it may stop some.

i think the download setcion is protected on the website. just files u attach in the normal forum are not and can be read worldwide .. (my guess)

.. this all reminds me of the old on digital days hehe in the end you got them on every street corner ..

I think it would be good if we had something like unlockers dbox2 section - the posts are only visible once you sign up and become a member, AND activated your membership. That would stop alot of people.

Also, alot of sites were shut down because they were openly broadcasting how to hack digital cable... you only have to type simple words in google such as 'ntl cable' and this site comes up at the very top. Its a wonder why we havent been shut down.

i guess it allways depends where the site is located what country (i.e. where the server stands)

probably hosted on a usa data centre, i guess this forum makes a lot of traffic and usa is just the cheapest for that .. i would think as long as nothing "illegal" is traded i.e. original software and such they can not do to much. linux and co is freely available. just watch out when trading any copyrighted stuff ...

its not just the point of that its also to keep people from viewing the information thats meant for members only as i feel personally that i should not post my stuff on here tell you the truth

i dont like the idea of non members getting info from me

what i post is not for the world but just for members

i upload links to stuff as you all know and to know that people can download these links for me is a no no maybe im paranoid but i think i want to be rather safe than sorry so i will not send any more info like this until this problem is sorted out

i have sent a couple of pms about this to administrators but i will wait untill this is sorted

lets keep this site a members only site please

gav12345 signing out

cheers all

well said gav and to think that ppl could be stealing your images that youve worked so hard on without even becoming a member!

And all registered members are brave and don't brake the rules, amen
Some chaps are dreaming. What should a moneymaker .prevent from register and become a member?

Back