ebay clamping down on dboxs?

people like moneymakers that register with ebay and are selling stuff they have leeched from here as they are members can easily be caught but im not going to share that on here as that would be stupid

the thing is i dont sell anything even though im a family man and on the dole

i still have my prinsables even though i create these things its still sharing and sharing is my main concern but sharing to those i wont to give it too and thoughs that share with others

forenstance over at unlockers you cant download images unless you have 5 posts so you must post things to get things

cheers

Right, 5 useless postings from a beginner, 5 warnings at unlockers and maybe after that the possiblity for a download.
Thats the best way to prepare the market for the moneymakers.

maybe register to forum via invite only? could be interesting.
or aproved "users" only in some sub-forums .. but all this might make it very complicated ... maybe make the forum read only to members that would help a lot .. and the forum has allready so many that it will get new ones just through word of mouth .. rather than google ..
i like the idea of u have to post to get something ..

I'd agree to a register-by-invite only, plus a purge of users who haven't logged on for say the past 90 days. I found this site through a friend, and Gav's absolutely right - I know I haven't always gone straight for Gav's images, but it's hard work doing it just for someone to sell your own work on. That's not fair when we've got decent people doing it for their enjoyment, not money.

I really think something needs to be done soon some of the suggestions on here are viable as far as i can see.
why not have a downloads section for the major stuff as invite only and that invite would be after a certain period of time. Lets keep this wonderful site safe Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.
I would willingly make a further donation to assist if that is what is required so be it.If it made the regular users feel safer then thats got to be a good thing.
How about some comments from mods please on this subject
thanks for reading this

what i think may not amount to a pile of beans but i personally think the likes of gav12345 and liamcrayden and a lot more(too many to mention) would be a loss to this forum, there are so many excellent ppl out like these guys who just like to help ppl(they have helped me so many times)and dont get nothing back for doing it.i myself appreciate all their hard work i know this is not an answer to this situation but i just wanted to say thanks to to them

I certainly don't want to become part of an elitist by invite only site.

Only members can download from the download section if people want to put their images on yousendit etc sites then that is their business but you shouldn't complain when any tom dick or ebay member takes the info and sells it.

I use quite a few sites and I rate this as number 1 with Unlocker being a very close 2nd, I like them both so much I have made donations. I will not help anyone that I consider to be a dealer but I will help anyone else and there are more than a few on here that know this to be true.

If you don't want your images used on ebay then don't post them.

I must admit most seem to have yadi or cryo's pro ultra and as far as I know cryo doesn't use wod but unlockers and the shack, and there are others that just have pro on. I havn't seen 1 on ebay with an image from this site.

Another storm in a teacup

Have Fun

Pardon my french but that guy is ****ing joke!!I know I am only new to this but for god's sake what a scum!!!

i guess see what admins think about it .. i dont think you can get rid of the selling of the information .. you can either make it as free as possible or try to lock it down as possible (but that will just drive the selling side i think)

btw easy way to support the site click the ads on top every time u read the forum ... running some sites my self i know how that helps a lot!

i think you missed the main point m8 and that was to protect not just the software uploaded but also the site and the people who run it.
just looked at what has happend to C**** B**** at one stage you could get the keys and anything you wanted easily.ok you may say that can still be done and i agree to some extent but its not as easy as it was.Ask yourself why m8???
i think you know the answer to that.Just my opinion lol
Sooner or later some one will decide on no posting of software because some A******* has decided to threaten people who run sites like this with legal action.Some form of protection is needed to protect the operators of sites like this one or we will all sufer in the end again just my thoughts lol

dessert you hit the nail on the head as well m8

but not with the lol at the end

but glad you feel more or less the same

cheers

i fully agree that protection is needed. just throwing thoughts into the room ;)

just my own opinion Gav but thanks m8
I have received loads of help on most of the subjects on this site and i show that by making donations and thanking those that help me.We are all here to help each other its a fantastic site and i would miss it and the people who use it.We should also think about the enorous effort that is put into the running of this site and the cost of doing so.

Long live DW

mail i got from ebay asking why my dbox1 auction (not moded!) was canceled ...

Hello,

Thanks for your email, My name is Dirk and I will address your concerns over the sale of your cable box.

In reviewing your listing it is clear that the item was correctly ended.
As you market your item as an NTL Digital top box, it was correctly ended. eBay in working with the televison broadcast industry has decided to prohibit the sale of most digital top boxes and receivers. Multiple violations of this policy can lead actions up to and including account suspension.

As we are not experts on these items, we cannot make the determination that if these items have been modified illegally. As well, the majority of the items being sold are not property of the seller. Please view our policy at the following link:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/satellite.html

yeah i know .. i just found the part intereting of working to gether with broadcasters ...

cooltool said:
yeah i know .. i just found the part intereting of working to gether with broadcasters ...

It's to stop people selling the boxes as supplied by the cc's, that would be akin to enabling/assisting the sale of stolen goods.

The box/es as supplied by your cc remain the property of the cc so when you see the same box for sale on eb@y it will invariably been stolen.

Ebay have the same policy with cable modems, in theory this shouldn't affect dboxes as they are not own by the cc so as desert dog says it is all in the wording of your ad.

Have Fun

just a thought and i know it won't stop 'em selling the discs but why not buy 1 and leave neg feedback that you can get this stuff free at......, at least would stop a few people getting ripped

that you can get this stuff free at......, at least would stop a few people getting ripped

if you give tell people that this place would be shutdown lol
and if you gave bogus info then they still will buy them as they cant get them

cheers

fair comment gav, i managed to get the zogre img up and running and its mint!

i tip my hat to you sir, i hope i can help you one day

Back