EBAY Advise required

FUBAR69

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have just sold a item in ebay for a fair wee bit of cash, now they have paid via PayPal but asked me to post it to Nigeria, I cannot remember the details but is this not a scam of some kind ?

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Do not post the item to Nigeria

What did you sell :p

It was a camera lol

I just remember some peeps taking about a scam involving Nigeria, I have recieved the money via Paypal but is there anyway they can pull it back ?.... say they never got the item or something ?

It was a camera lol

I just remember some peeps taking about a scam involving Nigeria, I have recieved the money via Paypal but is there anyway they can pull it back ?.... say they never got the item or something ?

It might be worthwhile getting advice from Paypal? They should be able to check the authentisity of the source.

do not send it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will find the money was sent from a hacked paypal account and paypal will want it back so if you sent you will end up with no goods and no money !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advise guys, I have just called PayPal, but they are currently updating their systems !!

See if you can transfer the money to your bank account if you have one. Once this is done then send the phone.
:Clap:

What's the registered address of the paypal account? If that's not in Nigeria then you have an acceptable excuse not to send it until further checks are made

See if you can transfer the money to your bank account if you have one. Once this is done then send the phone.
:Clap:

if you do that and its a scam paypal will take this money off you again !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending to Nigeria is a common scam as there is no tracking once its in the country...

Have you checked your paypal account by going to paypal (not via a link in an email)?

If you've clicked a link in the payment email, before you do anything else go to the paypal site and change all your log on details and secret questions.

If your details have been changed, cancel any cards linked to the paypal account. If you have linked your bank account to the paypal account, i.e. set it up so your bank account can fund the paypal account, phone your bank to block all paypal transactions (some banks will have to change your account number, so make a note of all direct debits etc you have on that account). Once you've sorted your bank/credit cards out, notify paypal of the stolen account. They'll want faxed copies of ID.

If you didn't visit via the payment email it could still have been paid for with a stolen paypal account. If this is the case, and you leave the money sitting in your paypal account (to avoid withdrawal fees), paypal will take it back whether you've sent the camera or not.

There is nothing happening in my proper PayPal account and the camera will be staying with me until I have all funds and a clear comfirmation from someone......

yes bud happend to me once...email looked legit....but like all my banking stuff and paypal etc..i never click links....i always open a new page up and go direct to the site......

the only thing that does my head in with this stuff is the inconvinence it causes.....and trying to get the stupid ebay system to refund your fees......

I have logged a complaint with ebay, I looked in the "buyers" details as they were "verified" and don't even have a proper address !!..... let the fun begin.........

wtf is the deal wit Nigeria and scams anyway?
i'v lost count of the long lost relatives that have died and left me squillians of moolah. (how does their Nigerian lawer get my email addy?)
you'd think they'd have learned not to say they were from Nigeria by now.

btw, i wouldn't send the phone if it was me.

Back