Ebay 2nd chance offers

narz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted already...

I was bidding for a car in the UK.. it ended and i didnt win, a few hours later i get this message from a ebay member. (Located in the States :S)

rrubietta2vps( 45)
Positive Feedback: 100%
Registered On: www.ebay.com

You expressed interest in an item titled : Audi A3 1.8 T Sport Silver 3dr Leather Immaculate Car Item number: 250003122191 , however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder.In compliance with eBay policy,the seller of that item is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price of GBP 2,200.00 .
The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction . If you accept this offer,you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction,such as fraud protection . To purchase this item, don't reply to this mail,just contact the seller at: [email protected] .

Thank you,

eBay, Inc

I reply to the email provided and say im interested... they respond with..

Hello,
I want to tell you that I want to make a secure transaction through eBay...its safe,easy and also legit.
To be able to complete the transaction I need all your details:
Full name and address:............
Your eBay ID because i need to find your bid price.
As soon as I receive this info from you I will start this transaction through eBay.
They will send you an e-mail with all the instruction that you must follow to close this deal with me.
Just I told you...this is legit..through eBay...they will approve my transaction after they will check my full name and address.
So..if you`re interested please e-mail me with all these details. Dont worry about the shipping taxes, they are included in the price
Thanks

I ask what on earth is he talking about.. the car is the UK.. obviously a copy and paste job, ... and yes no reply after this, silly scammers! :Chainsaw:

i got an email off ebay last week, stating that there is a lot of scams going about where the seller is offering 2nd chance offers.

only ebay will send you an email for 2nd chance bids, NOT the seller.

glad you never fell for it m8.

lol Amagine if it was real though, They shipping taxes would be about the same price as the car.

Back