Easy way to format sd card

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought i would pass this on, been playing with a noobs sd card for orginal raspberry pi and after creating the boot sd card the sd card has various directories which are created and they are write protected. Mine went wrong and i wanted to start again but when trying to format the sd card in the pc it was a nightmare. Read on a forum today a dead easy way to resolve this. Put the sd card in a camera and format it. Worked first go so now passing this info on. I guess most know this already though.

I use to regular format the dashcam Micro SD card just to clean it up. I would take it out and format using programs on the PC.
When I would put it back in the dashcam it wouldnt let me use card. To get it working I would have format it in the dashcam.
Now I only format it in the dashcam.

I was trying one night this week and it was having not of it in the laptop. I even remembered that you can format sd cards in linux boxes so I hunted around looking for a card reader to hook up to my solo4k. It simply did not see the sd card in the reader. Once it saw this about the camera I thought post it as loads of us have old cameras (and dash cams) lying around.

Back