E74 (Gpu) Fix?

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
would it be possible for me to fix an error E74 360? i know it's something to do with the gpu , have seen a few 'fixes' but nothing worth going at =( would the four pennies trick do it? it's the error with one red light in the bottom right corner

:Cheers:

*this looks alright if not very clear;

h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0katvvV3ric&NR=1

Last edited:
Are you getting this error all the time mate? I've had it appear on mine a few times over the past year but a reboot usually sends it packing lol. If it is happenening constantly and the console is not banned and the warranty sticker is in good enough nick to sneak past an M$ service center engineer I'd probably be tempted to cook and freeze it to induce the 3rrod fault mate and then send it back for a new mobo and drive ;)

cheers m8 the prob is its not mine i did it for a m8 the other day and it looks like its my fault altho it isn't lol. hmm could a bad flash cause this?

Very much doubt it would be anything to do with a bad flash mate and if the flash was bad then iprep would have warned you at some point during the process anyway also if its booted a backup then the flash was good :)

I would still look at what was suggested above though mate if it something that you can get away with...also did you check the av cable as error 74 is apparently only a gpu problem in rare cases and if its nothing to do with the cable then its more likely to be a scaler chip problem as apposed to the gpu...

Here is the definition for E74

E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU.

E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU.

i'd say its the ana then m8 as it booted a backup before i sent him it back, using my cables his 360 was fine on my tv and using his own cables at his house, but today its E74 all the way :(

anyone know how to get those silver star clamps off lol

guy at the shop

he charges 55 sheets to fix this, and he says it's the same fault as the 3 red lights?? has anyone fixed the one red light problem here? is it the same problem/cure? or is he just going to do what they do in that video i posted? lol

the mind boggles after endless googling and 7 hours in a 360 , still no fixie. boohoo.

Sounds like its deffo beyond a sock fix mate ;) ...I would cook it and freeze it and send it back to M$... but thats me lol... wouldnt fancy paying 55 sheets to the guy in the shop though thats for sure lol. He will no doubt do the x-clamp fix if he's gonna treat it same as a 3rrod fault.

e74 is usually same fix a 3rlod
usually get 1 red light if the the gpu is not connecting properly

just do the xclamp mod then let it cook for 2 mins without the fans on

leave it to coll for 15 mins plug the fans back in should be good to go
if it only lasts a short while before fans start to speed up this is usually because the bolts arent balanced correctly . personally i over tighten them first , warm them up ,then losen the bolts slightly to level off the heatsink

i also mod the shroud around the heatsinks to pull more air directly across them
only ever had 1 fail but this was due to it been on for more than 6 hours with the 3rlod

the clamps just prise off just watch the tracks of the pcb

thanks mate, it's come down to paying ms 60 quid tho lol i hope it includes delivery and some form of guarantee ;) i gave my new chippped to the nips 360 to the lucky yet unfortunate one if anyone cares to know i'm not just trying to scam my way out of it, that is this thing that is not my fault, don't chip second hand ones guys ... it's a bit much. new ones do good ..

Back