e68 hard drive fault

SAFC_FTM

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys,

just srecently got my 360 working again after 2 years of doing nothing with it.

when i've plugged my xbox hdd in i get the e68 error.

now the 360 itself works fine flashed with 1.61 for sammy ms28 but as soon as i plug in hdd it won't boot at all.

from what i've read one option is to do the latest MS update via a usb flash and this might work.

my only problem with this is will it affect my flash to the ms28 FW?

the other thing i was thinking of doing was a full spoof of the drive using HDDHackr as though it was a 20g WD BEVS drive.

any one got any recommendations on what to do?

I'm not bothered about any games saves etc that are on the drive so whatever method is easier suits me

cheers

ok, done the dashboard update and still got the error 68.

gonna have a look around to try and find another e68 fix before i perform the HDD spoof as i'm not certain of doing this as mine is a seagate original and it seems the spoof only works on WD's

anyone got any other ideas for e68 fix???

cheers

found a fix guys:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRHcCZZOxrA]YouTube - Xbox 360 Error code E68 Fix ????[/ame]

i would recommend using a proper jumper though instead of the tin foil the guy uses in the vid!

Correc me if im wrong but the only reason the spoofing is for WD drives is to avoid detection on xbox live ?? so using any other drive on a console which is not going online should be fine ?

Might be wrong but ...

Ste

Correc me if im wrong but the only reason the spoofing is for WD drives is to avoid detection on xbox live ?? so using any other drive on a console which is not going online should be fine ?

Might be wrong but ...

Ste

yeah i think you're right on that.

my problem was the drive wasn't being recognised at all so was simply trying to get the drive to work.
i was going to try and spoof the HDD just so it was cleared and could be recognised but i think the spoof command only works on WD's

Back