DW logo for 'deputant' skin

snapman

VIP Member
Staff member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Mick I've made the DW logo to (hopefully!) fit in the new skin. Had to do a bit of rework on the original but hope it fits with the theme of the skin OK. Here's how it might look on-site:

dw-2014-debutant-logo-on-site_zps731bdabf.png

Site logo in my file attachment mate.

Regards,

Tom

Attachments

• dw-2014-debutant-skin-logo.png
    dw-2014-debutant-skin-logo.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @snapman,

I tried it but it looked a little weird mate, Not really sure that it fitted the style :(

Thanks very much for the logo though mate it is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Will work on something else @Mick :)

@Mick Based on what you already have, does this suit better mate?

Logo

dw-logo-lite-2014-lite-skin_zps32ea212d.png

How it would look on the site

dw-logo-lite-2014-lite-skin-on-site_zpsa92ded52.png

Any changes/reworking just let me know Mick :)

Regards,

Tom :)

Tom, what would it look like if it was just the DW ident, where the D was DogerBlue (hex #1E90FF , RGB 30, 144, 255) and the W was the light blue-grey of the background (hex #f2f6f8 , RGB 242, 246, 248)?

But then have it hard coded to coords 0,0 (i.e. the very top left corner, in the black menu bar)?

Tom, what would it look like if it was just the DW ident, where the D was DogerBlue (hex #1E90FF , RGB 30, 144, 255) and the W was the light blue-grey of the background (hex #f2f6f8 , RGB 242, 246, 248)?

But then have it hard coded to coords 0,0 (i.e. the very top left corner, in the black menu bar)?
@little_pob The positioning is outwith my control. I've just positioned the logo on the site image I screen grabbed, used and posted where the current one is mate.

@little_pob The positioning is outwith my control. I've just positioned the logo on the site image I posted where the current one is mate.

I know, I was thinking more of the mock ups you do so Mick knows what it looks like without having to throw it on the test server first but it's Friday and I'm typing under the influence ;)

... it's Friday and I'm typing under the influence ;)

You're not alone in that scenario mate :) :Cheers:

I used the blue colour of the skin for the 'orldz' text on that one there. Good idea to throw some other options up and see what suits best @little_pob :)

@Mick Here's another version of the logo. A suggestion from @little_pob which will also hopefully fit in OK with the theme. With this one, the file size is tiny, which is a bonus.

As the 'W' has been cut out of the 'D', it's transparent and will show any colour background through it, including the transmitter signal I made. You can have this with or without the signal image mate :)

Blue 'DW' logo

dw-blue-space2-logo_zps15fff0cd.png

How it might fit on the site

dw-blue-space2_zps9caf8a0e.png

Regards,

@Mick bumpity bump! I know you're a busy man at the moment, but was just wondering if any of the suggestions were worth considering, or leave the skin image 'as is'. I'm happy either way pal :)

Regards,

Tom

@little_pob I cannot see that image matey...
@snapman, trying to juggle it all lol... There is allot of empty space to the right looks a bit lonely ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@Mick Based on what you already have, does this suit better mate?

Logo

dw-logo-lite-2014-lite-skin_zps32ea212d.png

Any changes/reworking just let me know Mick :)

Regards,

Maybe something like this but different colours @Mick ?

Maybe something like this but different colours @Mick ?

Looking nice mate can you do the preview image so I can see what it is like please?

Might need to add cable in there now lol....

Mick

@Mick How it would look on site:

DW-lite-2014-on-site_zps7d730930.png

And the DW logo image if accepted pal :)

DW-lite-2014-logo_zpsfa82a667.png

Regards,

Back