DW Euro 2008 fifa comp

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
Was thinking about maybe setting up a Euro 2008 fifa comp just seeing how many would be interested in it.

idea on how it would work

when we have sorted out how many is interested, all the DW names will into a hat A and then at random you'll get a team from hat B if that makes sense.

so for example if my name is drawn out of the hat, then i pick a number from the other hat at random and that would be the team i have to play in the comp.
This would be continued until everyone has a team. I know sounds like a champions league bloody draw.

I think it would be better this way where ppl don't know what team there going to get so you could be lucky and get France or you could get Poland.

If we have 8 ppl in the comp for example, then 2 different leagues would be setup.
You would play each other 2 times and the top 2 from the League would then go into a 2 knock out games and then both the winners of that would fight it out in the final game.

The leagues would also be random so teams would either go into league A or B depending how many teams were involved.

would be good if we got 16 ppl involved with it, if we did have more enter then some teams would have to be repeated.

If ppl are interested in it, just leave a message below

would be interested in it but I'll have to buy FIFA08 First :)

I've never been a FIFA fan, always PES for me but most peeps on here seem to play FIFA?

I know my local ASDA is doing it for £20 so will let you know when I get it?

Defo up for a wee competition though?

should of pointed that out, Will be using the international teams within FIFA08 i had forgot that they brought out a Euro2008 version.

sorry didnt mean any offence by sayin that about euro 2008..it was just incase he went and bought the game and it was the wrong one..

yip i'm up for it, as long as i don't get England!!!!!!!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

count me in but are we only using the teams that are actually in the competition?

I was thinking about only using the teams that are actually in the competition as it might be more of a fair thing.
I don't mind maybe including the home nation teams if ppl want that. Just don't want it to get side tracked and it's a free for all with what teams should get included and not.
Plus not sure i could cope if i had to play with Scotland and Wales as it just wouldn't feel right for me being an England man and im sure alot would feel the same across the border getting England.

Have a vote to see if people want home nations in or not, i think it would be better without them more like the real thing.

Plus not sure i could cope if i had to play with Scotland and Wales as it just wouldn't feel right for me being an England man and im sure alot would feel the same across the border getting England.

Well i wouldn't like to play as Wales etc. but i bet ya they would like playing as England lol

Have a vote to see if people want home nations in or not, i think it would be better without them more like the real thing.

Well i wouldn't like to play as Wales etc. but i bet ya they would like playing as England lol

got that right mate, COME ON ENGLAND lol

I've set up a poll to decide if we include the Home nationals or not, so if you lot have a second then cast ur vote.

I think it would be better getting a team from the actual teams in the Comp, adds a bit of spark to it. I think with the League we did everyone went Man Utd, Liverpool the big guns. With this it would be out of everyones hands, Im not a bad player at fifa and I could get Austria, that would be fun in my view and im sure i would do better than the actual team at the Euros lol
As long as i don't get GERMANY i'll be fine lol

I'll be up for it but is there anyway to arrange games better then past attempts, nothing worse then not getting to play everyone lol, if we get it right we might get to the end of it and find a winner lol

What about if we come up with a system where we are randomly given the team we have to play as then you dont get to choose the best team, I think this would be a great idea as logn as keyser gets Austria pmsl lol lol lol

Last edited:
I'll be up for it but is there anyway to arrange games better then past attempts, nothing worse then not getting to play everyone lol

i was quite bad for that, after getting beat all the time i lost interest rofl all you lot had man utd etc and i had Motherwell!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i was quite bad for that, after getting beat all the time i lost interest rofl all you lot had man utd etc and i had Motherwell!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

PMSL oh well if we agree to do it with random selected teams then it might be a bit better.

UPDATE

At the moment the poll is showing that we will use the teams from Euro2008 for the comp. You still have time to cast your vote and change the outcome. Please only vote if your interested in taking part tho.

Upto now I've included the people who have voted as 100% to be included in the comp. The list so far is:

Cg010169
M4rkone
Robc11
Wilson1980
zhinkler
boboboy
MFCGAVMFC
Nara
Wh1tey
Baaheeduk
Dutcho but hasn't voted

Thats 10 so far, wanna try and get the ball rolling on this and get the teams and tables all drawn up. So that when it kicks off for real next week ours will to. Was planning on picking the random teams and leagues on Thursday and post it all so we can get playing.

im sure a few more might be added to the list. If your interested either cast your vote in the poll thread or just say in this thread

Last edited:
if we could get 1 more person we would then have 12, makes it a bit easier for doing the leagues then. If we can't not a great loss as i think it's going to be a good comp. It's totally out of our hands what teams where going to get, which adds to the fun.
If more wanna enter thats great, just show ur interested by voting or leave a post.

On Thursday will get the teams draw, going to get my lad to do it so I can't be classed of fixing it.

will post the teams and the leagues you'll go in at the same time about 6.30 on Thursday.

Back