CD & DVD DVD Region changes expired

ajones1722

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello!

My allowance of changing regions for my DVD writer has expired. I'm sure Ive seen a utility that can reset it? can someone point me in the right direction please?

TIA

thought that is a function of the firmware and isnt resetable, im sure somebody will correct me if wrong.

best running anydvd stops dvd firmware from changing to another region.

what make model dvd do u have ?

visit slysoft website, and download a proggy called anydvd, this is a little feature that will remove the region code, to make your dvd-rom a region fre player.

it does a few more things also which you may need in the future.

Highlander said:
visit slysoft website, and download a proggy called anydvd, this is a little feature that will remove the region code, to make your dvd-rom a region fre player.

it does a few more things also which you may need in the future.
thanks chaps!

If it's an Artec try this

I had an Artec dvd drive which you could reset the region by simply holding down the eject button on the front of the drive for 5 seconds. You then got confirmation by the drive led flashing for a few seconds. Just got to remember where I got that from .

Rob.

Hey Mackem my region is actually disabled mate but i switched it on then used up all my region allowances and gave that a try and it worked fine mate nice 1.
By the way it's a Liteon drive i have.

:Cheers:

Last edited:
Glad that helped

That reset was one I found a while ago when I built my system. Can't recall where though, another forum somewhere I think. The Liteon and Artec must be the same then just rebadged I presume.

Rob.

best is ANYDVD, works best, i've never had any problems with it...

Back