CD & DVD dvd full screen

granny

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all. After burning dvd, when played on tv its just a thin picture in the middle of the screen. Any advice on how to get it full screen or burn it full screen. Any help much appreciated, thanks granny.

Sounds like it's "Letterboxed" assuming the aspect ratio is right you will have to do some cropping to make it seem bigger on screen.
Encoding of this fashion is not for the faint hearted.
Or if your TV has a zoom function use that but you will lose some of the edges.

I see it's your first post why not pop in here and introduce yourself http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32

But if u do the cropping, will the quality of the picture be lost an which software is reccomended for doing this?

thanks phat will have a go,but how do i crop. if there is a tutorial could u point me in the right direction, cheers granny

I use Canopus Procoder 2 for most of my editing needs, but first you will have to get the VOB's onto your hard drive (either extract from ISO or rip) Isobuster and DvDecryptor will do this.
Once on the HD I tend to work on one VOB at a time as Canopus is very CPU intensive.
As to a tut I would pay a visit to www.videohelp or doom9's sites, not that Canopus is incredibly complicated tho you could probably work through the menus and make it do what you want.

Here is a quick "snapshot" guide to resizing using Canopus:

1: Source Tab Add "source" in this case VOB file/s.
2: Target Tab Add/DVD then select the format you need (try to keep it the same as the original it transcodes faster).
3: Still in Target window select: Advanced/Video Filter/Add then select Crop click for cropping rectangle and resize as you like.
4: Convert Tab Convert and your done!

Canopus is a very powerful tool and will do lots of other clever things, the above is only for resizing.

@Sameira yes the quality will degrade as you are effectively zooming in but I guess how much depends on the quality of the original files you are working on.

Sameira said:
But if u do the cropping, will the quality of the picture be lost

Yes it will. Why not watch it in the ratio it was filmed in?
You're giving yourself a lot of hassle in return for losing vital picture information.

:confused: :confused:

Or it could be for some reason your DVD player, or TV is defaulting to letterbox when the DVD source is selected. I agree with narabdela it is alot of hassle for this and you will loose parts of the picture.

Probably best to use the zoom function

rip it to hard drive as avi then use dvdsanta and write it as a dvd to your hard drive as but with setting for 4:3 full screen

Back