dvd burner......

sniggyfish

Inactive User
Reaction score
lookin to buy a new pioneer got a 112d at the moe wondering what the latest version is any ideas people......

any of the pioneer dvd burners would be a good purchase mate as they're pretty much all spot on when it comes to the 360 games... Like waynemfc said the 115's are the latest. I've been using 111's and 112's from the start and I've never even upgraded any firmware on any of them...they're good to go straight from stock :)

I've got both a 115D and a 112D and both work great for the 360 and I use the cheaper Aone disks too.

heh, same here, it's nice to be able to use non-verbs.. 1.18 firmware(latest) on a pioneer115d

i buy my disks from coasters R us (joke) very cheap media and all my drives love them

MX - where is your post?

Ill say it for you ;)

Although shitey media boot on your drives, they are causing the drive / laser to work harder thus reducing the lifespan of the Laser.

Stop being tight and invest in Verbatim, only £1 a disc, they were £8 when I first bought them!!!!

Cheers for straightening 'em out oggy lol

I've been telling them all this for what seems like forever... maybe they'll listen to you mate lol

Cheap media is a false economy.... USE VERBS!!!!!!!!!!

They still dont listen Mx, most never do

I recommend them on every forum I go on, I have to post every day about them.....

I might keep the BB code in a text file on my desktop to save time.

Thing is i've saved enough by not buying verbs that i could of bought 2 replacement lasers and an extra 115d burner by now, if I needed. But the original is still going strong for me :)

I had to return two 112's to SVP, they workd for a month or two then gave me crazy errors continuously. :(

My old Pioneer 110 and 115 are working great though :)

@ Wizard, Cheap Media = great economy ;)

Thing is i've saved enough by not buying verbs that i could of bought 2 replacement lasers and an extra 115d burner by now, if I needed. But the original is still going strong for me :)

Unfortunately not everyone has the sucess story you tell.

Intresting concept, Verbatims dual layer from ebuyer are £15.57 for 10 with super saver delivery. You can get 20 Aone dual layer for £10.50 including supersaver delivery.
I dont know about the reliabilty of Aone discs but most of the reviews i've read are quite positive about their compatibility with 360's they use Ricoh dye.
At less than half the price of verbatims, if you go through a few packs of discs you've saved enough money to by yourself a replacement drive and burner if yours fail...In the long term is it really such a false economy ? A complete replacement drive is about 40 quid on ebay and a writer is around 30 quid for a pioneer....it's not riducuosly expensive to replace either.

The discs also degrade quicker

valid point, dont suppose you can expect cheap media to hold the data in a readable form for an extended period of time.
It does appear that Verbatims are the only trusted DL media on most forums with any thing else being hit and miss...i.e: some good batches soom poor...

Unfortunately not everyone has the sucess story you tell.

i suppose im lucky too then used cheap media from the start two years ago and my hitachi is still going strong and all games play the same

Back