Dvbsky t330

blind as a bat possible do a big blob of solder and blow the whole lot :Cheers:

blind as a bat possible do a big blob of solder and blow the whole lot :Cheers:

what can also help with this tuner I found was using a forward path attenuator 6db helped, virgin gives you them try one on the tuner.

I have used this and various other DVBSky USB tuners with many receivers many times and never ever had these issues. If a receiver would accept an XML file or not has nothing at all to do with a USB tuner so I don't understand the point being made there?

I have very recently in the course of building my VIX4E2PROJECT images specifically tested the T330 with the current GigaBlue, Opticum and EVO range and will be doing the same with a couple of Vu+ models this week which I also expect to work fine, one of the 'features' of the images for those receivers with kernel version to support it is that it comes with DVBSky drivers built in so you just plug the tuner in and reboot and the tuner will be there and available in the tuner configuration menu.

I have also tried and tested these tuners on Windows with the media center and many, many times with Ubuntu and Debian right up to the latest releases including standard kernel and custom kernel builds, DVBSky USB and PCIe single and dual tuner cards, from old Intel processors right up to the latest all singing and dancing Xeon hexacore processors in use with transcoding for IPTV where the machine is running 24/7 and the task is mission critical, not once have I ever had an issue with the DVBSky hardware, ever.

Erm think the point is clear we was 60channels short with the dvb sky tuner where when we tried another box or tuner we got them, hence a decent re-solder inside the dvb sky tuner fixed the problem for me. Seems clear your cable signal feed is better so never had the problem. If you hold a sundtek and a dvb sky tuner in your hand you can feel the sundtek is more of a quality bit of build, myself would opt for the sundtek at a few quid more if people want usb tuner for there boxes etc.

But in your previous two posts you have totally contradicted yourself, first you say it is a 'weak tuner', then you say it needs 'a blob of solder' so presumably not a weak tuner if soldering cures this, but then you advise to use an attenuator which actually lowers a signal, thereby suggesting it's actually anything but a 'weak tuner'...

You have drawn your conclusion based on one tuner in one location. I have confirmed I have tried and tested these and most every other DVBSky tuner types in many different situations, that is not just at one location either but many locations, with no problem, ever, hence far more likelihood of drawing a real conclusion of what performance you can expect.

But in your previous two posts you have totally contradicted yourself, first you say it is a 'weak tuner', then you say it needs 'a blob of solder' so presumably not a weak tuner if soldering cures this, but then you advise to use an attenuator which actually lowers a signal, thereby suggesting it's actually anything but a 'weak tuner'...

You have drawn your conclusion based on one tuner in one location. I have confirmed I have tried and tested these and most every other DVBSky tuner types in many different situations, that is not just at one location either but many locations, with no problem, ever, hence far more likelihood of drawing a real conclusion of what performance you can expect.

hehehehe pretty clear you have an invested interest in this bud. I stated a fact how a attenuator can help a signal on a tuner correct, I also stated how in my case how I fixed a dvb sky tuner to work for me correct. Please read the posts properly and don't get to upset when someone has a problem with a product you might have an invested interest, just remember a good sales person always works on the fact the customer is always right. If you are a seller please look at your business model better and learn how to deal with customer relations better. Anyway its a tuner no big deal try and chill in life a bit.

Anyway its a tuner no big deal try and chill in life a bit.

To true, so back to the original topic, if anyone needs help with using the DVBSky USB or PCIe tuners and I can help then I will, be it on Enigma2 receivers or use on dedicated Linux servers running Ubuntu or Debian which is where most of my experience has been.

just to add i used it on a genuine solo running on hades image and could not add the xml file to change the scan to upc cable.

tried on a vu duo original and xml file loaded and it crashed the box leaving me the red light issue,unplugged for a day and removed usb and just about got back box and i notice box is running hot in new enclosure so more ventilation needed and done to make boxes cooler.

not blaming usb tuner but accumulative issues on a slow box is why i updated to a et10000 2 x sat + 2 cable

'just to add i used it on a genuine solo running on hades image".

I am running this tuner on a genuine solo 2 hades image and I use autobouquetsmaker configured to scan my area cable and also sky and get all channels on both

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

solo2 great box and plenty of power but mine is where no cable supply is:Mad2:

dose anyone know if the Dvbsky t330 tuner works on vu solo 2 running blackhole image

I've never tried with Blackhole but it does work with VTi images based from the same Vu+ core so can't see any reason it wouldn't work probably striaght out the box but if not could be made to, and of course also works with OE-Alliance based images, OpenATV, OpenViX etc.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

do you know where i would get dvbsky2.0 r5 driver to try it there is a dvbsky driver in tspanal but it wont install

I'm not at home at the moment but when I am later this evening I can post the ipk that's used with my ViX4E2PROJECT builds and other OE-Alliance based images, don't know if this will work with Blackhole 'as is' but good chance it might, VTi also has it built into their releases so at very worst case it should be able to be extracted from that easily enough.

Here are the driver files for the DVBSky T330 (also known as HMP-Combo in Germany). I've copied these up from one of my ViX4E2PROJECT builds which comes with them pre-installed. In my builds the complete dvb-usb-v2 directory (contained in the attached zip file) with the two driver files in would go in /lib/modules/kernelversion/kernel/drivers/media/usb where kernelversion would be replaced with the kernel version being used on the image, so for example 4.0.1 or whatever it happens to be on the image you are using. FTP this over then make sure you give the receiver a full reboot and see what happens. I don't know if this will be enough for Blackhole or not it might need a kernel patch, I don't have a Vu+ SOLO2 to try but Blackhole do have a dedicated section for USB tuners on their forum so if not you might want to give that a try?

Attached: View attachment dvb-usb-v2.zip

i know with vix image you get it from the download plugins area-drivers and the dvb/c driver supports the usb stick.

ok thanks for your help i tried the file did not work the box dose not regonise the tuner when plug in the blackhole image uses dvbsky 2.0 r5 i wate and see if anyone has it working on blackhole image with vu solo 2 thanks

The r5 or r6 refference just just refers to the number in the bitbake file used when compiling, it doesn't mean anything as such and could be anything so it's not that these files are the wrong ones for Blackhole (because they are not) but it will be a case that the kernel patch is needed as well.

If I had the Solo2 I'd be able to work it out I'm sure but in the mean time it's well worth posting on their forum, chances are they'll help, or of course try another image out, most every other one will support them out the box or by simple driver install from the addons server.

just been told on vu+ site that dvbsky 2.0 in not there yet for blackhole image

I went and fetched a Vu+ DUO2 from the office this afternoon to have a play around with it, it seems that unless BlackHole build the kernel patch into their builds then there is nothing we can do to get this to work, so it's down to either them to do this or wait on a updated kernel version from Vu+, with something 3.19 or above, chances are then that this will likely work just with firmware and drivers.

Plenty of others that do support this in the SOLO2 though, I tried VTi this afternoon (on the DUO2 but will be the same on the SOLO2) and yes support is straight out the box, OpenATV and OpenViX just need the dvbsky-family driver installing from their respective addons server and then they to will also work fine.

Back