Dvbsky t330

Just checking the latest OpenViX build is 153 from 3rd March so I am guessing this probably came just to late to include the latest drivers, you can check the drivers date by looking at the Information screen on the image. If that's the case then I would expect the next release will have the later drivers which should cure the problem.

It works perfectly on my solo2 running Vix Apollo 121
Just download the dvb-usb-dvbsky driver from the feeds
Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Are use using cccam or mgcamd?Do you know were I can find vix Apollo build 121? Thanks

Are use using cccam or mgcamd?Do you know were I can find vix Apollo build 121? Thanks

I am using mgcamd and I have just done a fresh install apollo 153 just to get the 2/3/2015 driver update for t333 usb tuner

I am using mgcamd and I have just done a fresh install apollo 153 just to get the 2/3/2015 driver update for t333 usb tuner
What mgcamd version are you using and where did you get it? I wonder if that could be causing me issues. Thanks

Mgcamd 1.38 from the vixen feeds menu plugins green softcams

Can you confirm 153 is running the latest 02/03 drivers straight out the box so to speak, or you have to do an online update to bring the latest drivers in? Not that I can try, just more for information purposes would be handy to know. :)

The older images like 121 you mention should work still as they will be using drivers from two releases back, it was only the last set of drivers which introduced this issue on Vu+ (not just DVBSky tuners I might add, it's the same for most USB DVB tuners in case that helps others).

Installed DVBsky t330 on my Lonrisun v4 Clone successfully

1) Used this image - https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/dow...onesafe-images-use.html?highlight=LONRISUN+V4

2) Installed driver via Vix feeds which didnt work. So manually installed from here (click Firmware and download to pc)
DVBSky - Enjoy HDTV on PC! DVB-T2 / DVB-S2 Professional TV Tuner Card and Box for PC.

FTP the tar.gz file to folder /tmp
Execute the command below replacing filename with the actual filename
Code:
tar -xzvf /tmp/filename.tar.gz -C /
above command will install filename.tar.gz from /tmp

3) Using open vix, DVB t330 is visible in the Tuner configuration menu. Change settings of the cable tuner i.e. Change 'Used Service Scan Type' to 'Provider', type in the correct 'Network ID' for your area and then change 'Provider to scan' to 'Virgin Media UK (6952)'. Then run a full scan and it will pick up channels. Then amend Autobouquets to run everyday.

Installed DVBsky t330 on my Lonrisun v4 Clone successfully

1) Used this image - https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/dow...onesafe-images-use.html?highlight=LONRISUN+V4

2) Installed driver via Vix feeds which didnt work. So manually installed from here (click Firmware and download to pc)
DVBSky - Enjoy HDTV on PC! DVB-T2 / DVB-S2 Professional TV Tuner Card and Box for PC.

FTP the tar.gz file to folder /tmp
Execute the command below replacing filename with the actual filename
Code:
tar -xzvf /tmp/filename.tar.gz -C /
above command will install filename.tar.gz from /tmp

3) Using open vix, DVB t330 is visible in the Tuner configuration menu. Change settings of the cable tuner i.e. Change 'Used Service Scan Type' to 'Provider', type in the correct 'Network ID' for your area and then change 'Provider to scan' to 'Virgin Media UK (6952)'. Then run a full scan and it will pick up channels. Then amend Autobouquets to run everyday.

What program do you use for the command as filezila keeps saying unknown command when I type
tar -xzvf /tmp/dvbsky-firmware.tar.gz -C /

cheers

Apollo 153 still needed me to install the dvb-usb-dvbsky drivers from the feeds It does say drivers 2/3/2015 but it didn't recognise the USB tuner
tar-xzvf /temp/dvbsky-firmware. tar. gz -c should be given in telnet

Apollo 153 still needed me to install the dvb-usb-dvbsky drivers from the feeds It does say drivers 2/3/2015 but it didn't recognise the USB tuner
tar-xzvf /temp/dvbsky-firmware. tar. gz -c should be given in telnet

Is it working fine for you after installing from feeds? I don't know how to use Telnet if that's needed for me to get the tuner working stable.

Yes working good the telnet was for the. Other person

Is it working fine for you after installing from feeds? I don't know how to use Telnet if that's needed for me to get the tuner working stable.

Download dreambox control centre. That has a built in telnet section on the left of the software. You enter in your Solo2 IP address, user name and password. Then click on Telnet and you can type in your commands in there.

I think it's perhaps getting a little confused as to what drivers are what, so just to be clear and especially for Vu+ owners:

Drivers from 02/03/15 are actual Vu+ drivers themselves that are contained within the image, they are not as such to do with the DVBSky tuner but rather the image as a whole, without them the image won't work full stop! It's only been mentioned with this specifc date and Vu+ as the same driver type before this date had issues with using USB tuners, hence the new release from Vu+ to cure this. You can check the Vu+ drivers date on your specific receiver/image by checking on the images Information screen.

There is also the DVBSky drivers which are specific to the DVBSky T330 USB stick and will also need to be installed in the image (and the image rebooted first time round) before the T330 will be 'seen' by the receiver. To install these drivers from most OE-Alliance based images (OpenATV, OpenViX, ViX4E2PROJECT) is usually an easy task as they will be available for download from the image feeds. Head to plugins and downloads as you would to install any other online addons/plugins and look under the drivers section for the DVBSky Family pack. Download and install and once complete give your receiver a full reboot first time round with the DVBSky USB tuner plugged in. Once it boots back up if check in the tuner configuration menu and you should now see the extra tuner listed and can configure as you wish just as you would a built in tuner.

Ultimately in the case of Vu+ they (drivers) will both need to be installed but one set of drivers is specific to the image which will already be built into the image and the other set is specific to the T330 USB tuner which will need installing in addition to the image. Hope this helps some to differentiate between the two.

Any chance you could upload your config as my mgcamd keeps stopping so maybe that is my issue. Thanks

No cws_keepalive = 60

i bought this usb for a test to see how good it was and downloaded the drivers from vu using vix image.channel scan comes up short on number of channels found think around 240.
box failed to accept a cable xml file to scan on.
updated to a proper twin cable tuner and added xml file,box now scans in 301:hubbahubba:

i bought this usb for a test to see how good it was and downloaded the drivers from vu using vix image.channel scan comes up short on number of channels found think around 240.
box failed to accept a cable xml file to scan on.
updated to a proper twin cable tuner and added xml file,box now scans in 301:hubbahubba:

I had same problem with this tuner, I found it is a weak tuner and does not pick up all the channels where my sundtek model did, way I fixed this way to open the tuner up and make a more solid connection inside it then it has since worked fine.

Back