DVB-Shop24 to raise prices again

Devilfish

DW Regular
Reaction score
I've just ordered a box and they said in an email that Dream increased the price of the DM500 2 weeks ago as they are stopping production of this model. He also said that it's likely that Dream will raise the prices again next week.

So if anyone's thinking about getting one from DVB-Shop24 get them now!

Don't know how true this is, he may just be putting his prices up, who knows!

thx 4 the info DF ;)P.s how much are they going up 2?

got mine Lol ;) wouldn't be anything to do with the upsurge in demand by any chance would it hmm..

Follow-up email from DVB.

Hello,

I have spoke today with Dream MM and the official distributors, all
says the same: The production of the 500 series is stoped and the 600 PVR
is ready and it comes in 10 - 14 days to the dealer.

Yours sincerely,
DVB-Shop24 Team

If there is a new model out, shouldnt the price of the "old" model go down. Thieves

but if that models gona be discontinued then prices normall go up

shortages .etc

lol I hope you never go into business m8.

When something is discontinued the prices fall. Never in my life have i heard of something being discontinued and its price going up. You certainly wont find that pricing strategy in any marketing book!

Last edited:
I hope you never go into business m8. When something is discontinued the prices fall. Iv never heard of a discontinued range going up in price. Never in my life have i heard of something being discontinued and its price going up.

LOL, true... (unless maybe the new model doesnt work and give all channels etc, i could see the price of the old one rise then)

When something is discontinued the prices fall. Never in my life have i heard of something being discontinued and its price going up. You certainly wont find that pricing strategy in any marketing book!

u release the new 1

but only a few

and then u hike up the prices slightly
once all 500c gone then release the new 1 properly

if u know what i mean

but thats my own assumption

lol

u release the new 1

but only a few

and then u hike up the prices slightly
once all 500c gone then release the new 1 properly

if u know what i mean

but thats my own assumption

lol

You both right in a way, it all depends on supply and demand and timing of it. Currently take Nokia dbox2 for an example, discontinued and 6 year old technology and its hitting almost £160 on fleebay, same box that costed £80delivered few months ago.

except britain m8, only us pays the most ridiculous prices for things thats in demand.

Anoyher example - the nokia 6310, the last refuge of the people who only wanted a phone and not a pda .... They are still sold at huge prices.

Back