DVB-S Help please

blokeunknown73

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, got a cheap dvb-s2 card from china, came with ulive software, have got it working in progdvb etc with bda driver but the remote control only works with ulive software.

guess the question is how do i get the remote working in other software

or

how can i get cam emulators working in ulive

thanks

Your chances of getting cam emulaors working in ulive are negligeable - its not designed to support softcam plugins.

For the remote control, it will depend on the type and how the remote sensor is connected to the PC. Usually though, its easier to just purchase one of the cheap serial-port connected remote units that are LIRC compatible. You could also try something like smartrc which can recognise some remotes direct from bda drivers - its still quite limited though.

Unless the card is designed to look like one of the the big name models (technotrend etc) then you've really got little chance of getting the supplied remote to work outside of the supplied software.

From what I can see, BDA drivers do not provide a standard way to access remote control data so just about every manufacturer seems to do things there own way using custom extensions. Unless your dvb card manufacturer produces an sdk pack for your particular card its pretty much impossible for any third party to fathom how to actually aquire the remote control data. Thats why I suggest you look at something like the lirc program with a cheap (compatible) sensor unit.

Back