DVB-C Card for PC

ivorhooper

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hypothetically speaking of course, is there a dvb-c card for a pc that would when used with some sort of software cam enable you to receive everything that a linux box (dbox2, dreambox etc) would plus the hd channels broadcasting on vm?
cheers

Hi guys,

Hypothetically speaking of course, is there a dvb-c card for a pc that would when used with some sort of software cam enable you to receive everything that a linux box (dbox2, dreambox etc) would plus the hd channels broadcasting on vm?
cheers

Hi ivorhooper, Yes there are cards that you can use with just software (softcams), there are also cards with a CAM just like a cc box which you use a smart card with (hardcam).

Hi Guys

Thanks to willin,

my DVB pc setup has been working fine, but just recently i have noticed that some channels are producing a 70% strength and some are giving me 8% s*yspor*ts1 and s*yspor*tsextra no longer works, previously the weakest was 48-49% and the strongest 70-75%

do i need to do a rescan or has something changed s/rate or frequencies also has any body been able to sort out a autoupdating soft*am i use vplug but on k*ey r*ole have to manully re-enter the k*ey

any help and advice much appreciated

ps
ivorhooper this may be of interest
http://hisat.com/proddetail.php?prod=RECVP2031

regards

current vplug will now AU on UK cable - as to your other issues why not try a brute force rescan for your area - I would suggest you look at either your cabling, your settings or your equipment as your stated signal strength would indicate significant issues with one or more of them

current vplug will now AU on UK cable - as to your other issues why not try a brute force rescan for your area - I would suggest you look at either your cabling, your settings or your equipment as your stated signal strength would indicate significant issues with one or more of them

Cheers for that i will try n hunt down latest vplug,

will try a rescan with bruteforce, which actually is the one i scanned with initially sometime ago.

equipment hasnt changed really,

i have a 3 way splitter from the wall, one goes to bedroom (3db) then that in the room again is plit for my original box and the pc, one goes dbox2, one goes to the cable modem.

Thanks
regards

Hi Guys

Thanks to willin,

my DVB pc setup has been working fine, but just recently i have noticed that some channels are producing a 70% strength and some are giving me 8% s*yspor*ts1 and s*yspor*tsextra no longer works, previously the weakest was 48-49% and the strongest 70-75%

do i need to do a rescan or has something changed s/rate or frequencies also has any body been able to sort out a autoupdating soft*am i use vplug but on k*ey r*ole have to manully re-enter the k*ey

any help and advice much appreciated

ps
ivorhooper this may be of interest
http://hisat.com/proddetail.php?prod=RECVP2031

regards

Hi mudd, look at -http://vplug.baywords.com/2008/07/31/vplug236/ for your vplug that AU! read the info.

Yep, have a look at the sites I can vouch that it works fine for me.

Cheers guys i will try that tonight, been away so havent had chance to reply,

the problem i was having seems to have resolved itself must have been a signal problem as my d*box was jittering but that has stopped aswell, n signals have incresed to above 45%, but s*ysports extra still not working right on the pc (it shows 74% in dvbviewer and there is a star flashing next to the channel name) but i think its a signal prob as when i go into my signal properties on d*box the red line (ber) is alover the place for s*kysports extra all other channels the red line is at the top and stays level.

anyways i can live with out that chann! thanks guys av a GREAT bank holiday!!

:Cheers:

best regards

mud

Back