DVB boxes

m6ttman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is it possible to use any DVB box, say one from ALdi or Maplin and configure it to work with VM?

Is it possible to use any DVB box, say one from ALdi or Maplin and configure it to work with VM?

No mainly becausr they will all be DVB T and you need DVB C, and the fact that you would need to reprogram the box

Hi,
Apart from current boxes on sale, how can I tell the DVB T and DVB C?

Thanks

Pretty much all boxes will tell you what they are meant for -

DVB-T = Terrestrial.
DVB-S = Satellite
DVB-C = Cable

For Cable you will need a cable box (DVB-C). You cannot use anything else !

Unless you are capable of reprogramming a box and creating the relevant files then I doubt very much that these could be used, think of it like this if it were possible don't you think the people who currently create the working files would have already done so for the boxes you are asking about given that they are easily accessible and also reasonably cheap.

Its not just a matter of re-programming the boxes. The hardware is physically different for the different platforms.

Its not just a matter of re-programming the boxes. The hardware is physically different for the different platforms.

Nozzer, give up mate I've said it you've said it, 200 more people from here can say it, but others will still think it can be done.

Its like the ammount of calls I get to Hack Sky

Back