duo stuck on boot up

patmyhead

Reaction score
my duo2 is stuck on boot up ,it has a old VTI back up image installed that always worked well
duo has been powered down for 8 weeks while we where away ,when I powered up the skin had changed so I selected what I thought was my old skin but on reboot it stuck on VTI please wait screen
I can access through DCC & Dreambox edit ,I have tried loading a backup file from DB edit but it wont load
also tried usr share enigma2 to delete the skin with DCC but it has not helped ,now spent quite a few hours researching & trying to reflash with various images
any help appeached please

if i remmeber rightly. sometime skin change can get box stuck in bootloop.. u can still enter box using ftp proggy,, i forget how but you have to delete settings config file. then should boot up nicely,, then just try adding new skin again, via ssh,,

Anytime i had an issue webif to the rescue as one can get in and adjust things once you know the ip of box.

it does not report a error it does not get past the VTI please wait screen
I now can not get it to show on my network so can not access it that way

I have it sorted now I loaded a cfe file that the duo liked then a original image ,it then updated as normal
Thanks for your help m8s

ferret the image that I have loaded is one of your VTI backups from 2015 which support is now stopped
I have tried to load other backups but none will load ,what am I doing wrong & can you recommend a backup please

ferret the image that I have loaded is one of your VTI backups from 2015 which support is now stopped
I have tried to load other backups but none will load ,what am I doing wrong & can you recommend a backup please

Well i thought you'd nailed the problem with the updated CFE because later images wont load on the first cfe you need the latest.

Make sure you have the latest cfe flashed again and try a recently released image such as openatv nightly.

Back