Dundee United lodge ref complaint

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
Dundee United have lodged a formal complaint with the Scottish Football Association over refereeing decisions during their last match at Ibrox.

United boss Craig Levein was angered by a number of decisions that went against his team during their 3-1 defeat to Rangers on 10 May.

The result ended the club's hopes of attaining third place in the SPL - and a Uefa Cup spot.

The club is now awaiting a response from SFA chief executive Gordon Smith.

Levein felt his side should have been awarded a penalty and a goal that was chalked off for offside.

After the match, the Tangerines' manager said that match referee Mike McCurry had 'bottled' making crucial decisions.

He said this was because Rangers could not afford any slips-ups in their quest for the league title.

McCurry admitted on the SFA website that he had made mistakes with two decisions in the match.

But the club's chief executive, Stephen Thompson, suggested a bias in favour of Rangers and Celtic from match officials.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/7410746.stm

Published: 2008/05/20 14:26:12 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

was really surprised when i heard that McCurry was given the Celtic Utd game after the events at ibrox not long ago

i was with my big celtic mate when he seen it and he said aawawww naw no the sinister minister

well theres was a few expletives lol i dont think he is that bad i thought it was a one off that game

cant complain he done us a hell of a favour aswell :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back