dummy tuner not supported

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys put in a new latest cable tuner in my vu+ultimo, but i get "dummy tuner not supported"..what does that mean, i got it from ebay from a reputible seller who only sells genuine vu+products..any ideas ta

Internal tuner or USB mate .

If it is internal ive only ever seen that error when an original tuner is used in a clone VU

I bought a few remotes from that seller and they were the real deal.

From the looks of it that tuner only supports the newer Ultimo 4K model as it has HEVC/H.265 capability which the older Ultimo HD model does not support, i fitted a standard single DVB-C/T/T2 tuner model for a mate the other week in his Ultimo and it worked no problem. I must stress i got the Old version of the Tuner

cheers digi thats what ithought as the ultimo is a bit older, i tried the tuner in my duo2 and it works, mind you the SNR level was around 65%...he is seller for vu+, and is gonna find out on monday. i have a vu single DVB-C-T-T2 in my duo2 and it gives 100% snr, i think ill send that back to that seller and ask for the single DVB-C-T-T2 tuner, ie the older one as it gives 100% SNR...

Back