dummy tuner not supported

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys put in a new latest cable tuner in my vu+ultimo, but i get "dummy tuner not supported"..what does that mean, i got it from ebay from a reputible seller who only sells genuine vu+products..any ideas ta

Ferret

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Internal tuner or USB mate .

If it is internal ive only ever seen that error when an original tuner is used in a clone VU

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a few remotes from that seller and they were the real deal.

digi247

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
From the looks of it that tuner only supports the newer Ultimo 4K model as it has HEVC/H.265 capability which the older Ultimo HD model does not support, i fitted a standard single DVB-C/T/T2 tuner model for a mate the other week in his Ultimo and it worked no problem. I must stress i got the Old version of the Tuner

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
cheers digi thats what ithought as the ultimo is a bit older, i tried the tuner in my duo2 and it works, mind you the SNR level was around 65%...he is seller for vu+, and is gonna find out on monday. i have a vu single DVB-C-T-T2 in my duo2 and it gives 100% snr, i think ill send that back to that seller and ask for the single DVB-C-T-T2 tuner, ie the older one as it gives 100% SNR...

TEST