Dual Monitors

Spudchops

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have been playing with laptop while main pc was down and connected it up to main monitor so it had dual monitors.

Liked it so much I now want a dual monitor setup on my main pc with 2 22" monitors, what is the cheapest half way decent monitors about, I have seen them on ebuyer for about £140 each. Anyone seen any good offers on for at the moment, not too fussed on brand as long as they good picture

Thanks for any advice

Nath

what size monitor do you have right now? It could be cheaper for you to get two LCD tellys and use them, one one telly and your current monitor.

Mate, i've had dual monitor set up for a time now, i can't go back i fuckin love it, it is the shit. Ebuyer had some HP monitors on offer for a while i got 2 20" they are so sweet with the glossy black finish

dual monitors - dont go there - it's addictive, first it's 2 monitors, then another would be handy , and then another and before you know it you have more displays than comet and canty find the damn mouse pointer lol

(currently got 5 displays hooked up to my pc - 3*19" monitors, 1*32" samsung lcd tv and a 42" plasma which is shared with my htpc - htpc dvi input, this sytem vga input - but could to with one of these really
http://www.quadvision.co.uk/Products/visiontree/visiontree_vt8.htm lol)

what graphics cards are you using, i was thinking of getting more, but thought it might have a effect on my pc, also do you think its possible to use multiple pci cards

dual monitors - dont go there - it's addictive, first it's 2 monitors, then another would be handy , and then another and before you know it you have more displays than comet and canty find the damn mouse pointer lol

(currently got 5 displays hooked up to my pc - 3*19" monitors, 1*32" samsung lcd tv and a 42" plasma which is shared with my htpc - htpc dvi input, this sytem vga input - but could to with one of these really
http://www.quadvision.co.uk/Products/visiontree/visiontree_vt8.htm lol)

2 pci-e asus 6600gt's silents (system was spec'd to be multimonitor a LONG time ago lol) and an old pci geoforce 2mx (lol)

currently running forceware 93.71 as last time I checked more recent versions of the drivers had issues with retaining portrait settings and resolutions on startup.

running a multimonitor setup has a significant impact on graphics performance - fortunately I dont play games etc lol

whilst I havent tried it I cant see any inherent reason why you cant use multiple pci graphics card - I would however suggest that in order to minimise problems you might want to consider making all the cards if not the same type then able to use the same drivers - which is why I have an all nvidia solution - I know that nvidia and matrox drivers (for instance) have 'issues' and 'undocumented features' when used together lol

edit - btw - told u it was addictive - u got 2 but considering adding more lol

Back