DS case change problems !

simonk1969

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've changed the case on my daughters DS, all went pretty smoothly apart from a black wire which comes from the time seemed to just be flapping in the wind not connected to anything in the bottom half, I assume that this should be connect to the little gold connector.

The other issue is that the top screen isn't working properly, it lights up when you turn it on but you cannot see anything on it. Sometimes you can see some faint text or pictures on the top half of the top screen and then repeated on the bottom half of the top screen, but then it just seems to fade away.

I've checked and reseated all the cables.

Any one any ideas what I've done ?

I've changed the case on my daughters DS, all went pretty smoothly apart from a black wire which comes from the time seemed to just be flapping in the wind not connected to anything in the bottom half, I assume that this should be connect to the little gold connector.

The other issue is that the top screen isn't working properly, it lights up when you turn it on but you cannot see anything on it. Sometimes you can see some faint text or pictures on the top half of the top screen and then repeated on the bottom half of the top screen, but then it just seems to fade away.

I've checked and reseated all the cables.

Any one any ideas what I've done ?

The black wire is for the wi-fi antenna and should be threaded under the game cart holder and connected to the nearest connector.

As for the top screen make sure it is properly connected - I took dozens of attempts before I got it right.

I tried dozens of times now but still cannot figure out what is wrong !

Anyone got any other ideas or info ?

yep exactly what dmercer said! or you have damaged the ribbon connection.

And try giving the contacts on the end of the ribbon cable a clean, it sorted my problem out on my top screen.

I have done 2 lites in the last couple of days - not for the faint hearted!! lol!! I had exactly the same problem with one of them - turned out I hadnt quite seated the ribbon cable in the connector perfectly - it needs to be bang on straight too!!

Thanks for all your responses.

I ordered a new ribbon cable which arrived yesterday, replaced it last night and all is working again. Either I damaged the cable upon removal or it was on its last legs which is possible as it was being used with broken hinges for a while.

Thanks again

Simon

Hi
Sorry but i find this amusing
They all thought it was a lite no 1 asked
But you have the more reliable fat making fixing easier also
Glad you got it sorted :Clap:

Back