dropped laptop prob!!

me110r

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys ive got a laptop i was given for my son (his first laptop) but ive dropped it an now got two probs:

first of all sme keys are now missing (E & R),

second of all my charger will not work wots so ever ive been out an purchased another charger but still no luck..

laptop is:

make:Sony
model:pCG-9RGM

is there anyone who can help me in anyway,

or someone who will fix it for me without charging a arm an leg

thnx guys

You may be able to pick up keys or a keyboard on Ebay, the keys just click in, can be fiddely but may be an option.

The power jack may be knackered or the solder may have broken off it, (a common problem with lappy power jacks), try holding adapter in when turned on and moving it about,any good computer shop should be able to resolder it for you for about £15, thats what it cost me anyway.

thnx for reply myt
i took ur advice an took it to my local comp store, i explaind wot had happend to it and with out even looking at the laptop he told me he will fix it for £140/£200 depending on wot make an model the laptop was (he never even took laptop out of the bag) that if he cud fix it in store, he sed could be alot more expensive if he has to send it off to b repaired

You may be able to pick up keys or a keyboard on Ebay, the keys just click in, can be fiddely but may be an option.

The power jack may be knackered or the solder may have broken off it, (a common problem with lappy power jacks), try holding adapter in when turned on and moving it about,any good computer shop should be able to resolder it for you for about £15, thats what it cost me anyway.

Jaffa did say "any good computer shop."

Sounds as if you've been to Bodgit & Shaftem.

thnx for reply myt
i took ur advice an took it to my local comp store, i explaind wot had happend to it and with out even looking at the laptop he told me he will fix it for £140/£200 depending on wot make an model the laptop was (he never even took laptop out of the bag) that if he cud fix it in store, he sed could be alot more expensive if he has to send it off to b repaired

You can send it to me and I would fix for half of that!

Anyway what model is it? Not the Amilo Pro I trus!!!

Back