Drivers for redten howie

obe1

Member ++
Reaction score
Does any one know where I can get some drivers for a Redten Howie computer. Never heard of them before but this is their webpage about it http://www.redten.com/displayPage.asp?page_key=26
anyway the computer is out of a club and was knocked and I have been repairing but I need a video driver for it and there are no drivers on the website. It is a nice machine but looks silly with only 3/4 of the screen as windows XP doesn't recognise the monitor.
Any chance anybody has a driver disk for one of these thing.

regards

Obe, having a quick look at the spec, looks like its an Intel chipset with integrated video.
Run this chipset id tool (attached) and see what it gives you, you should then be able to find the drivers on the intel website.

Turns out the machine is about 18 months old so the spec isn't the same, this one has an SIS VGA adaptor. Anyway it wasn't a driver problem, I went into the bios and found some settings for LCD monitor detection and altered them (it was trial and error as ther was 14 monitor types listed) but I got there in the end. If anybody has the same trouble it was moitor type 14 (always the last one eh) !
Anyway cheers for the help guys.

Back