Driverism

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
This is more common than racism, sexism, any ism's that you can think of and affects millions of us in this country. Its not BLOODY fair!! now they say that you can get 3 points if you use your mobile phones, fair enough, but they are saying you shouldnt be allowed to use hands free either. who do they think they are! if you cant control your car you shouldnt be driving in the first place!!
what about back seat drivers?? talking to kids when your driving? talking on the phone is exactly the same as talking to passangers. Bet the government are short of cash thats why they brought this in.
Have you noticed everytime they want to invade some other country, the petrol prices go up and some new law about driving gets brought in. last time it was speed cameras, now its this. bet they invading iran soon and need the money so thats why they brough this law is. bloody p*ssi*ng me off!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!

I want to start this new ism. This is DRIVERISM.

Using a proper hands free kit (i.e. wired/bluetooth headset not speaker phone) is no more dangerous than talking to a passenger in my book.

To remain consistent, what they should have done at the same time was banned eating/smoking/drinking at the wheel of a moving vehicle (stopped at a set of traffic lights/in a traffic jam is not moving), at the moment as long as you're 'in control' of your vehicle, its at the officer's discression.

What I don't understand about all this is the lorry drivers with CB radios, taxi drivers with hand held mics and police cars with hand held receivers. If it is so dangerous why are these people allowed to use their kits in their vehicles. As far as I can tell, you need to remove a hand from the steering wheel to pick your nose, will that also kop you 3 points on your license?

If they ban the hands free kits in cars I hope they will refund everyone they encouraged to go out and buy a kit in the first place with ads on TV and radio.

Hypocrites the lot of em!

sorry i agree with a complete ban on mobile phones not only in cars but EVERYWHERE lol.
What i do disagree with is how @rsed faced this govenment it, you forget to pay the congestion charge, £80, you park illegally in london £100, you stop in a yellow box £100, you run over a pedestrial because your on the mobile phone 3pts and £50 fine, wheres the common sence in this!!!!????

Have to agree if using a phone (not hands free) is a 3 point 50 quid fine the eating smoking and drinking while at the wheel should also be. Mind you could you picture the increase in road rage if people were not allowed to smoke in their car.

if its a work car or company van theyre not allowed to smoke in it from the 2nd april, they will be breaking the law

Guys i dont think the government are interested in safety. Its the revenue for them. Everyones worked out how to get out of parking tickets and speed cameras, so they thought of a new thing.

Ways to increase safety:

1) Make it compulsary for manufacturers to implement a system where car wont move if you not got seatbelt on

2) Make the MOT more stringent and not allow unroadworthy cars on the road.

3) Make it compulsary for re-tests for new drivers every year. So instead of having to pass the test in one 45 minute lesson, maybe you got to pass 3 tests once a year for first 3 years.

4) Im sure the people being paid billions of pounds can work out a more effective safety system.

I think people shouldnt get sucked into the governments "safety" and "green" campaign as they are just for raising revenue. Paying the government more money wont make the world safer nor will it make it more green.

Back