Drive not reading games - spoof? PCB swap?

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
chaps, me mates got a drive that isn't reading games and i haven't had any success changing lasers in the past all ways seem to fail, what are my options?

Was thinking of pulling the PCB out the drive and putting it in another one or can i take the key of it and then put it on another drive....been a while little hazy....

ta.

Easiest and quickest way would be to get a dump of the key and flash it onto a new drive.

i can grab the key using JF and have a few drives here does it matter what drive i use? gonna have a play with JF as been ages since i used it.....so read key of old drive and then save it and then plug new drive in and copy key file back to it...?

Are you using LT as your firmware? If so you can only insert the key into another LiteOn as LT does not support spoofing.

If the console is banned and you are using a different firmware then you can spoof it to another drive.

Have you tried tweaking the pots first before you buy a new drive. it's very easy all you need is a multimeter and a small screwdriver, worth a try for 2 mins work.

lol, don't like to bother you all the time with questions...lolol but cheers man just seeing if we can RROD this machine and maybe send it back to M$ before i open it as seal intact....

Back