drink drive ban

ghenghaskhan

Inactive User
Reaction score
does anyone know how i can look up anywhere to see if someone has had a drink drive ban through the courts
im in scotland
as i know scottish law differs from english

cheers gh...............

does anyone know how i can look up anywhere to see if someone has had a drink drive ban through the courts
im in scotland

cheers gh...............

if you tell the court the person is going to work for you driving they will tell you but it will cost money

if you tell the court the person is going to work for you driving they will tell you but it will cost money

yeah but you cant just go to the courts and get this info, it would be a breach of confidentiality. you would have to go through Disclosure Scotland to get this info. and even then they wouldnt hand out this info to just anyone

yeah but you cant just go to the courts and get this info, it would be a breach of confidentiality. you would have to go through Disclosure Scotland to get this info. and even then they wouldnt hand out this info to just anyone

no m8 if its for a job you have the wright it was done to me thats why i know

no m8 if its for a job you have the wright it was done to me thats why i know

in scotland??? if the courts were handing out that type of info on me, they would be hearing from my lawyer very quickly. the courts have no right to do that. that is why disclosure scotland was put in place, to deal with employer criminal record checks.

in scotland??? if the courts were handing out that type of info on me, they would be hearing from my lawyer very quickly. the courts have no right to do that. that is why disclosure scotland was put in place, to deal with employer criminal record checks.

I think you will find that any conviction is a case of public record and anyone can look through court transcripts and sentences. Unless the convicted was a young person.

I think you will find that any conviction is a case of public record and anyone can look through court transcripts and sentences. Unless the convicted was a young person.

maybe, but i would be very surprised if you can just contact the courts to get this information. it cant be as easy as that.

most likely you will get banned. you shouldnt drive when you had a drink or drinks

most likely you will get banned. you shouldnt drive when you had a drink or drinks

Ahmed mate you really should read a thread before posting in it, as when you don't you end up lookin a tad..... well silly lol

Unless you have applied for a job with special interest ie working with kids etc then an employer cannot check you out, and even in these circumstances the employer is told only yes or no, not given a list of offences.

Some employers demand that the applicant themselves apply via the FOI (Freedom of Information Act) for a copy of criminal convictions held on record, this is a right of anyone and only costs around £10 (admin fee)

The reason they as the applicant to do this is simple, they can't.

To trawl through court records you must have permission and be a researcher etc and need to do so at the court as they are not online, and no court would allow a nosy employer to do so.

If you have serious worries about someone you suspect of driving while disqualified then simply pick up the phone and report it to the police, if he is then they will act, if not then no harm done.

im in scotland

cheers gh...............

Major MAJOR Data Protection breach. Sensitive personal information.

Some employers demand that the applicant themselves apply via the FOI (Freedom of Information Act) for a copy of criminal convictions held on record, this is a right of anyone and only costs around £10 (admin fee)

??? A public body cannot disclose person identifiable information in an FOI request, it's the whole point of the act!! Now if the person was to put in a Data Protection Subject Access Request, that would be a different thing altogether!

Ahmed mate you really should read a thread before posting in it, as when you don't you end up lookin a tad..... well silly lol

thats cos he's just a 'PC'..........

??? A public body cannot disclose person identifiable information in an FOI request, it's the whole point of the act!! Now if the person was to put in a Data Protection Subject Access Request, that would be a different thing altogether!

I think you might find that the "whole point" of the FOI is not to protect personal info, that would be the DPA.

Well in wales everyone convicted og drink driving is addvertised in the local rag includes how long they were banned for and how much there fine was.

Also ihad to phone the courts for my fella (who was banned for drink driving) to get details of his ban for a driving course he lives at a dif address and they still gave me all the info i wanted so maybe it might be the same for scotland

I think you might find that the "whole point" of the FOI is not to protect personal info, that would be the DPA.

I didn't say the whole point of the FOI act is to protect personal data, I said the whole point is to allow public bodies to release non-person identifiable information. Did you read my post??

I didn't say the whole point of the FOI act is to protect personal data, I said the whole point is to allow public bodies to release non-person identifiable information. Did you read my post??

in scotland you can contact the local police station to get a copy of all convictions they have on you, it costs a small amount of money and you just need to fill in a form. however, has to be your convictions. you cant just walk in off the street and ask to see anybodys criminal history.

if the original poster was to drop in on this thread and answer a few questions that have been asked, then it would make it a whole lot easier to answer the original question. but it doesnt look as if that is going to happen.

aybnone who is banned for drink driving in grimsby goes straight into our local newspaper so it cetainly is not an offence to give out this info.

Apologies to the OP and I'm not trying to take this off topic but

ahmed7860 - What the is that avvy all about? I don't get the satire you're trying to portray.

Apologies to the OP and I'm not trying to take this off topic but

ahmed7860 - What the is that avvy all about? I don't get the satire you're trying to portray.

i wondered that also. its very strange

Back