dreamup unable to open com port

hoppo

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi peeps got a new pc few weeks ago & i am trying to flash dreambox with it the problem is dreamup says unable to open com port aborting . i bought a usb to serial cable which talks to the box & will flash erase but wont load a image comes up with error aborting.i am a using a null cable which has worked on another pc
cheers would like to get the com port working i have been to device manager & it says everything is ok & working.

hi peeps got a new pc few weeks ago & i am trying to flash dreambox with it the problem is dreamup says unable to open com port aborting . i bought a usb to serial cable which talks to the box & will flash erase but wont load a image comes up with error aborting.i am a using a null cable which has worked on another pc
cheers would like to get the com port working i have been to device manager & it says everything is ok & working.

Ok, usb to serial has a problem as it does not have enough power feed for flashing, i had same problem with laptop so had to use a PCMCIA to serial.

Also have you un-checked the network box, and finaly try diff version of dream up.

Hope 1 of these helps.

thanks for that have taken dreambox to another pc & flashed ok i will be taking usb cable back would still like to get com port working if anyone has any ideas to the possible problem ?? maybe i should post that one in the pc section

Poke around in the bios, you might get lucky. Also disable all anti virus and turn off all unneeded services.

Back