• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

dreamup unable to open com port

hoppo

Inactive User
hi peeps got a new pc few weeks ago & i am trying to flash dreambox with it the problem is dreamup says unable to open com port aborting . i bought a usb to serial cable which talks to the box & will flash erase but wont load a image comes up with error aborting.i am a using a null cable which has worked on another pc
cheers would like to get the com port working i have been to device manager & it says everything is ok & working.

sherlock

Inactive User
hi peeps got a new pc few weeks ago & i am trying to flash dreambox with it the problem is dreamup says unable to open com port aborting . i bought a usb to serial cable which talks to the box & will flash erase but wont load a image comes up with error aborting.i am a using a null cable which has worked on another pc
cheers would like to get the com port working i have been to device manager & it says everything is ok & working.
Ok, usb to serial has a problem as it does not have enough power feed for flashing, i had same problem with laptop so had to use a PCMCIA to serial.

Also have you un-checked the network box, and finaly try diff version of dream up.

Hope 1 of these helps.

hoppo

Inactive User
thanks for that have taken dreambox to another pc & flashed ok i will be taking usb cable back would still like to get com port working if anyone has any ideas to the possible problem ?? maybe i should post that one in the pc section

rickets

DW Member +
Poke around in the bios, you might get lucky. Also disable all anti virus and turn off all unneeded services.