Dreambox.. Working solution?

GavSt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know if there is a working solution for the 500-c? Something along the lines of the system kryptview are using..

Try PM'ing member Parad0x mate, I think he has something running.

It might not have been Parad0x mate. :)

I was drunk when I was told and I can't remember who told me.

lol

lol

There is an ad on gumtree Scotland for someone selling modified 500c's..

just wondered if it was anyone on here.

lol

There is an ad on gumtree Scotland for someone selling modified 500c's..

just wondered if it was anyone on here.

I;ve not set it up mate, witchy has had 1 too many me thinks :D

Wheres the gumtree add, so i can laugh? :proud:

New replacement for your free cable box + extras, better & cheaper than Kryptview A780 - Edinburgh & Outside - Edinburgh - Satellite & Cable Equipment for Sale - 60418693

(You must have an internet connection with wireless networking - wifi at the home you wish to use this box in, if not this box won't work for you)

If you have a dreambox or a dbox already I can replace the box for just £120.

You won't find a cheaper price for these boxes at the moment due to the latest changes regarding the virgin media cable service as you may already know about.

This will replace you're existing box - Eurovox, Starview, etc.

All boxes that I and my friend supply will come with a free wireless router to connect directly to the box for ease of use.

If you're interested please reply and I will get back to you with more information.

(You must have an internet connection with wireless networking - wifi at the home you wish to use this box in, if not this box won't work for you)

Just another cardshare solution then !

Not sure why he's wanting to swap his solution for £120 + your old dreambox - that sounds like a rip-off to me !

tbh, any old dreambox is capable of running the requisite software to work with subscription Nagra cards. RQCS/CCcam will do it no problem. Your real problem is finding the required info from the subbed box/card to allow the dreambox to pair to the card.

are there any other options on the go for the 500c?

No, but the wording of the advert seems to imply its better than any other CS solution for some reason. Its not !

In fact, if anything it seems to be on the expensive side (£120 + old dreambox) and doesn't seem to give any idea of length of your subscription. I'd guess they will be wanting another £120 in a years time, assuming CS still exists in 12 months of course.

No, but the wording of the advert seems to imply its better than any other CS solution for some reason. Its not !

In fact, if anything it seems to be on the expensive side (£120 + old dreambox) and doesn't seem to give any idea of length of your subscription. I'd guess they will be wanting another £120 in a years time, assuming CS still exists in 12 months of course.

in all fairness.... a 500c is pretty much worthless except for fta

so getting a swap for one that is set up with cs (and its coming with a wireless router) for £120 doesn't sound all that bad.. especially since the only other alternative i have seen, is going for £170..

I emailed the guy and he replied.. the system is likely to run for 1 year then there will be an option to extend that. costs are likely to be around £100

Yeah but he is probably hoping to get a few original dm500's in exchange for his clones.

apparently he has had a large response to his advert (no doubt in light of this post)

He has decided to postpone the release of the system.....

Sounds like it was a scam after all..

I emailed the guy and he replied.. the system is likely to run for 1 year then there will be an option to extend that. costs are likely to be around £100

£100 for a years Skai subs is pretty decent mate - as long as he's not a greedy cnut who'll overload his server meaning your viewing will suck big time.

Most of these guys ARE greedy cnuts, that's the problem.

Ask him how many people will be sharing one card.

£100 for a years Skai subs is pretty decent mate - as long as he's not a greedy cnut who'll overload his server meaning your viewing will suck big time.

Most of these guys ARE greedy cnuts, that's the problem.

Ask him how many people will be sharing one card.

I guess it depends on the actual method they use to share the card.

Si

Back