DreamBox Questions and Answers

eaurovox

I have just been researching dreambox now you say earubox is better where do i get a eaurovox? how much are they and how easy are they to flash? guess I will have to research them now

I have just been researching dreambox now you say earubox is better where do i get a eaurovox? how much are they and how easy are they to flash? guess I will have to research them now

I aint saying they are better.The dreambox is more for the hobbyist who likes to tinker etc.
A eurovox is similar but you cant tinker to all intents and purposes due to the software being closed source,a bit like only coca cola know the recipe.
They can be had from ebay,so do you intend to tinker or just watch good ol fashioned tv.

Donnie Darko said:
I aint saying they are better.The dreambox is more for the hobbyist who likes to tinker etc.

Can't agree Lot of them now come with UK image pre- installed, just need a scan for plug and play. Of couse you are right it can do a lot more than the Eurovox and is more resistant to future keyrolls etc because it's open source, but you can still use it just as a TV box.

I am in the same posistion as Isobel, currently using pace 4001NC so no pin protected movies. Decided to upgrade and a Clone 500 is actually the cheapest solution. Check out the price of a sammy + jtag etc. The bonus point for me is you can get a lot of box for a little money. I have worked out the cost of my present setup (box + programmer+ led simm) and a clone dream 500 is actually cheaper. If the worst comes to the worst and you dont get on with the box you can sell it on and get your money back.

Will let you Know how I get on, ordered box from ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Dreambox -s be made to view Mediaguard 2 encryted channels?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello all

im very new to this and i cant set up my dreambox 600, im from ireland does anyone have the codes,

sorry to annoy

The only difference I can see if the memory.

500 has 32MB RAM and the 500+ has 96MB RAM.
Flash memory is also bigger so it will be similar images to the 600 and 7025 boxes, i.e. .nfi instead of .img.

This means you'll be able to use plugins like the web browser and email clients which the 500 can't do due to lack of memory.

return of the Newbie

Hi ive just become a member and i have found this site Wonderful, Not only for the dm500 that is not working but all of the other general information on this site FANTASTIC!!!!!! back to my problem i have linked my dm500 to my laptop, set up the LAN connection all fine talking with each other, downloaded the dw.img ready to flash with my newly aquired flash wizard pro, i have completed every step to the letter, put the dm500 IP address in as 192.168.0.201 and tried 200 but keep getting message after uploading dw.img file to flash saying missing params, can anyone help a genuine novice and give some valuabe info

cheers

Paul

unplug dreambox when everything set up,then plug it back in then it should find ip, then go to setup, expert setup, communication setup and you can see your ip, then set up wizard pro with that ip

Any one know anything else about the release of the dm 800?
The release date says end of april, but then i remember how many times the 600pvr was put back

Back