DreamBox Questions and Answers

yeah definatly, dont worry too much as when the cc does try somethin new thell be a ton of people who find new ways to combat it.

Dreambox Images

lombard said:
interested in it , but does it give full EPG, am in uk and also does the image include everything like the keys or cams and scan lke bruteforce ? thanks !! are the images that out are about the same as the ones out for dbox thanks for ue help

It's been a bit of a learning process for a few of us on here, the Gemini 1.05UK will pretty much work out of the box, it's the first image most of us tried. The manual scan picks up pretty much everything inc vod streams.

Then comes Neutrino which looks MUCH better than Gemini but took a fantastic guide from Satchmo to get us up and running (i.e UK ready with cam) the scan of this image is still giving (me) problems but it compensates with it's slick looks.

yesterday we got thanks to cyber2k1 a new 2.40 Gemini image which has quite a few additions from the 1.05 and looks better too.

We now have the Gemini 2.50 (thanks to leefield & cyber2k1) which I have not tested but you'll no doubt have a stable image thats easy to use and update.

Overall most images are normally posted without cams/keys etc (for obvious reasons) but often the same sites include the EMU or as with Gemini you can simply update via the internet (although I have not tried it)

As for comparisions with the dbox I cannot comment as I have never used or owned one but it does appear they have much in common.

As we have not yet got a newbies guide the best place I can send you for a start is [DLMURL]http://www.dm500.de[/DLMURL]

This is an official resource, the cable you have should be connected from your PC serial port > Dreambox you DONT need to do the IP etc for this but it's MUCH quicker if you setup the IP and it will allow you to use FlashWizard Pro etc...

However you are best starting off with the Gemini 1.05 image which you need to upload following the above steps simply replace the 'official' image with the Gemini one, but you follow the same steps.

DW now has a selection of UK ready images in the downloads section and a few (for the more experienced) that need some work to get up and running. Most of the resources available for Dreambox are German due to the mnfr but as you can see DW is fast becoming a superb resource for us brits who are beginning to discover the benefits of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
flashing the dreambox

when you flash these dreambox's be patient when rebooting
i flashed mine twice with neutrino thinking it was dead as when rebooting seems to take at least a minute to load up (wait and listen for the wooshing sound)

when you here the wooshing sound hit the dream button for menu

also with the neutrino image the box shutdown light does not change to red stays green on mine

i tried the uk gemini image and couldnt get it going (i dont think i was giving enough time to reboot?)

also noticed that had a cheap scart lead that worked fine on standard enigma image but when flashed with neutrino would not work through scart (ok with more expenxsive scart lead) used r/y/w leads ok

got a second box coming this week will retry the gemini image and give it a little more time to load

: maggie : DOS A DREAMDOX NEED SOFTWARE AND WERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT

can any one send me the files i need for dreambox 500c

THANK YOU

Last edited:
yep it does , u can download it from here providing u have had more than 25 posts i think.

i no that but how do u get the computer to reconize its connected?

lol, i know now its basically the same as setting a dbox2 up.
Just waiting till one with a hard drive comes out, at a resonable price and size, 7025 too big , too expensive.

simple question

Never had any interest in dbox or digital cable till just recently, little unsure, does this have to be permanently connected to my pc or is that only for setting it up, can it be left like any normal cable\sattelite box without the pc connection?

cheers

smellymold said:
Never had any interest in dbox or digital cable till just recently, little unsure, does this have to be permanently connected to my pc or is that only for setting it up, can it be left like any normal cable\sattelite box without the pc connection?

cheers

The dreambox can be left without a PC connection once it's setup, to SETUP you DO need a PC and nullmodem / crossover.

Once you have it setup to take advantage of streaming and internet updates at least some type of internet connection is reqd.

cheers for the reply, couple of questions tho, once its set up i can disconnect it from the pc and it will work as any normal cable box, and also same again does it need to be connected to the internet to be used, or will it just work of the cable feed with the settings from initial setup? Newbie questions i know, just want to be sure before i buy one. when you say connected to the internet, again is this a must or just a personal choice thing? If i decide to get a box i want to get it set up with whatever channels i can receive and have it totally ignorant to the fact it is connected to my cable co`s feed, is that possible, basically i want no outbound traffic at all!

cheers again

Yes it will work as soon as its set up without being connected to your pc, no it doesnt need to be connected to anything to work once its set up with an image on it except ur cable feed. It will wok as any other cable box.
To get ur box to update is a personal choice u dont have to connect it to the computer or internet ever again unless it breaks. But as i can see ur a new member look around, u will be suprised what this box can do if u connect to pc.
This box doesnt have talkback so no the cable company will have no idea ur using it. No outbound trafic.
My advice to u is if u want a box just for watching tv get a pace or sammy.

Couple of questions, apologies if they are answered elsewhere

1. Is the dreambox compatible with windows mce ? and hence controllable with the red-eye transmitter ? as my sammy is not.
2. Does the dreambox have a wireless network facility, that will talk to my linkysy 524g.

Briles said:
Couple of questions, apologies if they are answered elsewhere

1. Is the dreambox compatible with windows mce ? and hence controllable with the red-eye transmitter ? as my sammy is not.
2. Does the dreambox have a wireless network facility, that will talk to my linkysy 524g.
im not too sure about your first question but im sure i have read a thread about windows mce and a dbox so i think it would be possible with the dreambox as there almost the same do a search should find what you want. the second question about the wireless facility i have mine set up through my wireless setup and it works a treat so it is posible.
hope this helps :)

Osborne82
Does it have a little wand or aerial poking out somewhere then m8 ?

i have my router round back of my tv and a crossover cable from dreambox to the router works great. hope this helps
cheers :)

JUst set up my new DReambox with UK04 image, and waht a brill image very easy to use, the only thing i cannot figure out is how to get thePPV/front Row channels
tried do channel scan several times, is there any way of manualy adding the channel info for these channels and how would i find out the settings frquencies etc for my these in my area (Peterborough)

new to this

Okay I am really new to this dreambox stuff,I have been reading a lot and i just have a couple of questions i cant seem to find the answer to

1. my laptop is two weeks old but it doesnt have a connection for the null modem cable like my old one did ,Will I be able to use the crossover ethernet on its own or is there problems in doing this ?

2. can i stream my music from my laptop through this box not to fussed about the tv aspect of it at the minute ?

thanks for reading

freeze

Back