Dreambox Keeps Rebooting itself

studrew

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a Dreambox 500-C, with DigitalWorldz 1.6.1 image, and on a regular basis, it did it twice within half an hour earlier today - will lock up for about 5 seconds, and then reboot itself. I am quite new to these boxes, but have another one in my lounge which works fine, but this one is running on Digital Worldz 1.6.

Also, and not sure if it is linked or not, the power supply to the one that keeps rebooting makes a high pitched noise which you can hear when the box is in standby, which is a real painin the a** as it is in the bedroom and the missus keeps making me get up and turn it off at the plug.

I wouldn't have thought this is a unique situation, but have had a good look through the threads and have not seen anything similar,

Any help/advice gratefully received

Thx

: colors1

try swoping power supply, if box down stairs starts rebooting you have found your problem but makeing a high pitched noise dont sound to healthy

Last edited:
Thanks, will do. I heard somewhere that there have been problems with certain power supplies, does anyone know any more about this, or where I might source a better one.....

How can I check if I have a suspect psu??

Thx: colors1

Back