dreambox help!!!

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
i'm as sick as a chip. my dreambox 500c arrived today and i thought great. so i plugged it in to try to get the ip addresse to flash the gemini image to it. but all it loaded up was to scan transponders wouldnt let me exit the menu anyway i tried. so i pressed scan. it went for ages and said it found a valid transponder press green to scan it so i did. but nothing left it like that for about an hour and the progress bar didn't even move.

then i found a program called universal dreamup and used that to flash well it said flash completed successfully. so i took it to plug in and now theres nothing coming through the scart so there is no pic at all from box on tv. tried to flash again but it goes through it all again then when it gets to flashing from memory the power seems to go off and it doesnt go any further.

i'm pulling my hair out now. wish i'd stuck with dbox now.....

any help would be appreciated

cheers

:mad:

leefield mine is due tommorrow, so i will be able to pull my hair out then :) ,

fed up with the dbox's needed something new :)

Will no doubt be having a wild weekend ....not

ok this is such a noob question lol but i got to ask as im gettin one as i fook up the pace, i take it there is no talkbak on them, as i think there isnt but my friend is like are u sure .. so i thought i would ask
All the best

Please post your progress and results. It seems there is a growing interest in Dreambox, and I am planning to get one myself soon when I have a little more spare time to play around with it.

señor ding dong said:
Please post your progress and results. It seems there is a growing interest in Dreambox, and I am planning to get one myself soon when I have a little more spare time to play around with it.

Its easy-peasy, if I can do it, anyone can. Gonna draft up a tut and post it up here if I'm allowed?

yeah also got mine up and running within one dayof getting it with a litle help from ajones1722 and mgb. well worth the money only the size of a video tape and fast response.

Sounds encouraging. Maybe I will get one sooner rather than later, then, and I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in a tutorial

Not to hijack the thread with my own stupid questions, but does the Gemini image have a Movie Player/VLC function? I probably use that feature on my Dbox more than I view regular TV.

@senor ding dong i have no idea about that as i only use it to watch tv. thats all i used my dbox for aswell

sorry

ajones1722 said:
Its easy-peasy, if I can do it, anyone can. Gonna draft up a tut and post it up here if I'm allowed?

dude please post that tut or if you can`t would really appriciate pm as getting one soon and already spend so much time with sat stuff am sure missus will leave me if 500c becomes second hobby/mental illness... :Cheers:

Flash gemini 2.40, do a flash reset with the up arrow button during reboot, install evocamd and the evocamd config files via internet, upload Autoupdate.Key to /var/keys and the nagra rom files to /var/scce, do a service scan, wait a few seconds for autoupdate, ready.

mgb said:
Flash gemini 2.40, do a flash reset with the up arrow button during reboot, install evocamd and the evocamd config files via internet, upload Autoupdate.Key to /var/keys and the nagra rom files to /var/scce, do a service scan, wait a few seconds for autoupdate, ready.

I just flashed Gem 1.05 then did manual scan and it worked. Didn't do all evocamd/keys thing.....am i missing something?

There was a preconfigured gemini 1.05 uk image spread over the net but normally nobody need such a image.

got my box 2 day and wow, 2 hours linstalled the gemini 1.05 uk file and it was upand runnin, but had now got to figer out how to make it scan everything..
~
hehe feel like a big kid again

i am going to order myself a dreambox, fed up with those scamming crouts ripping us off, and the flea bay *ankers as well.....if this is new technology and is still being made then an upsurge in demand would drive the price down ?

go for it loady. about 4x as small as a dbox but more power. also brand new with 12 months guarantee. you cant go wrong

So which is the best way to go for a newbie ????? Gemini 2.40 or the gem 1.05 ( where i get it from) .......

Also if using gemini 2.40 then where i get nagra rom files from and also autoupdate.key ??????? This maybe a stupid newbie question i know .......

At moment i have gemini 2.40 ready to flash and also gemini cam addons , do i need something else ????

i haven't got a clue about narga files mate as i just used gemini1.05 which was already configured. you dont need to do anythin keys. but for your info the autoupdate keys from a dbox image will work as the keys are the same

dreambox 500c

did anyone actually get a dreambox 500c to scan and find channels?
I have tried many different images and nothing seems to work apart from one image which does not find anything when it scans.

Ian

Back