Dreambox fix

Had to give up last night as I had an early start today.
I'll give it another go later today and if I can figure out how it works. i'll post the details.....

Had to give up last night as I had an early start today.
I'll give it another go later today and if I can figure out how it works. i'll post the details.....

which image have u got on m8 ? gemini/dw-enigma and most other images start there emus via a script normally in /var/script ending in .sh id suggest to grab a copy of say mgcamd.sh (may not be called that EXCATLY but u get the jist)
then simply edit that script in a text editor for hypercam then save it as hypercam.sh (same format as the emu scripts already there) and ftp it back over to /var/scipt you can then start it via the blue panel cam menu saves messing around with tuxbox commander

cheers
osborne82

NOTE: scipts will require chmodd 755

Any body having trouble getting this working just download it via addons on your box.
Have tested hypercam1.01 & this is working:) if your image doesn't have the latest hypercam1.06

For the Pli image just manual copy the files to var/bin folder & chmod them to 755.
Then make a file called hypercam & put that in var/etc/plimgr/cams folder. Now you can start it in the softcams options

When it starts change the channel & leave for 2mins if it doesn't clear change channel again bingo:)

Also you might have to delete stuff if you var folder if it's nearly full.

Also delete keylist.txt & softcam.key in the var keys folder.

Last edited:
Damn I having no joy either with my 600 c ill try after I get kids there Brekfeast

Here is my config file just rename it hypercam.cfg

Mods if file is not allowed please delete

Last edited:
thanks for the response wiz
I have to get a life:nopity:

OK, just to be crystal ( for me, and fellow non clever types) on step 3, (starting the cam)

-hit yellow on the remote
-navigate to /var/bin
-scroll down to hypercam_1.06
-hit OK
-left arrow to highlight and hit "OK" (you should be looking at the "Execute hypercam... dialogue box")
- you then see a blue screen with "/var/bin/hypercam_1.06" at the top
- press the exit button twice on the remote
-left arrow to highlight "yes", (on the "save current settings" box) then press OK
- exit button to get back to a channel
-if you are on a blank channel, wait until it appears ?

no scanning, reload EMU, or anything else??

Yep thats what I did m8 except had to channel hop a few times before it kicked in :proud:
Might try an Enigma image on the dbox later and see if it works on that.

Here is my config file just rename it hypercam.cfg

Mods if file is not allowed please delete

I have got box up and running in Dublin so first of all thnks to everyone involved in making this fix available. I am usining dk 1.1 image, used ftp to transfer files into var/bin and changed attributes to 755.Then pressed blue button and went into tubox commander and selected var/ bin the hypercam 1.06 is visible in this folder highlight it and press ok to execute and save settings then exit out of tubox went to s*y sport 1 and waited for a minute
then changed to s*y sport 2. and bingo back in business.

Btw despdan I have to restart hypercam using tubox if the box needs to be rebooted do you know if there is a way to make it run automatically after reboot

Last edited:
I think some of the helpful posts are referring to non enigma images, (of course not everyone is on 2.1), and maybe these tips don't work on enigma, i.e., you have to do something else??
Its frustrating!!! I must be close? As promised, if I got this working, Id compile a line by line post, for non coders, like myself

Yep thats what I did m8 except had to channel hop a few times before it kicked in :proud:
Might try an Enigma image on the dbox later and see if it works on that.

Btw despdan I have to restart hypercam using tubox if the box needs to be rebooted do you know if there is a way to make it run automatically after reboot
Yeh download hypercam via addons & install config when thats finished you should have it in the cam list

I'm in Dublin also, on DW 2.1, can't get it to work either. It must be something with this image as dub500c says.
When using telnet to execute hypercam I get this error:

" ./hypercam_1.06: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory "

I have got box up and running in Dublin so first of all thnks to everyone involved in making this fix available. I am usining dk 1.1 image, used ftp to transfer files into var/bin and changed attributes to 755.Then pressed blue button and went into tubox commander and selected var/ bin the hypercam 1.06 is visible in this folder highlight it and press ok to execute and save settings then exit out of tubox went to s*y sport 1 and waited for a minute
then changed to s*y sport 2. and bingo back in business.

hiya im using the dk 1.1 did you have any luck getting the hypercam to run automatically, have it up and running but when i reboot have to manually get hypercam running, if you did mate can you let us know how you set it up on this image, cheers.

Hi everyone just got my 600 c running in Dublin thanks to all that helped me if I can be ogf help to anyone just pm me

Hi everyone just got my 600 c running in Dublin thanks to all that helped me if I can be ogf help to anyone just pm me

can u do a backup and post in the cable downloads https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/187330/ , might help a few members out on n2 and the same for 2.1 if anyones got it ..

im not in ireland just think it might help first time installers , l sure the dreambox sales will go up now as the eurovox 2 is a brick

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some of the helpful posts are referring to non enigma images, (of course not everyone is on 2.1), and maybe these tips don't work on enigma, i.e., you have to do something else??
Its frustrating!!! I must be close? As promised, if I got this working, Id compile a line by line post, for non coders, like myself

Bear in mind this was done on a DK 1.1 image which didn't need any of the extra lib files adding.

Thank you despan, uploading image at the moment, what the extra_run file for?

ok guys tell me how to backup image on 600 c and I will upload it for anyone that has a 600 C IN dUBLIN

despdan, the backup.img doesn't have a scan valid for Ireland, so I ended up loading DK 1.1 image, scanned for channels, ftp'ed the three hypercam files to /var/bin, chmod 755 the three files.
In box use remote control to run tuxbox commander, navigate to /var/bin, ok on hypercam_1.06, ok to execute, exit twice and save.
After a while all channels up and running.
Thanks for all the help!

BTW, this is on a DM500C

Back