Dreambox fix

Update: When I started hypercam manually, I get al ot of the channels coming - How do I get it to start automatically? Am I missing a hypercam.sh file in /var/bin/plimgr/scripts ??

It seems that just starting it manually was enough - it restarts the cam when the box is rebooted!!

I also put my cables.xml file into /var/etc, rebooted & scanned for channels

All is now good - still lots of channels missing - all the movie channels, all the Sky channels - but still it's a big improvement over the hacked card NTL box that I was using which was down to about 5 viewable channels.

All is now good - still lots of channels missing - all the movie channels, all the Sky channels

Start from scratch ! Try the mgcamd fix instead. You shouldn't have any missing channels.

Thanks Rickets,
I had just decided to try this - I'm missing the priority.list file - know where I can find it or do I need it?

Just to check the locations these should go into on PLi Jade directories:
- mgcamd into /var/etc/plimgr/cams
- AutoRoll.Key into /var/keys
- SoftCam.Key into /var/keys
- Priority.list (when I find it) into /

chmod 755 all files

Edit: I just started to do this by putting the autoroll.key & softcam.key into /var/keys & Hypercamd now picks up all the stations - so this is all that's needed with Hypercamd

DBox fix from here:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1559160/

For a Pli Image:
mgcamd -> var/bin and chmod 755
other 3 files -> var/keys
A empty file with the name mgcamd in /var/etc/plimgr/cams
You can create it via telnet and echo for instance:
echo > /var/etc/plimgr/cams/mgcamd

After that you set the default cam to mgcamd in the cam menu and save/restart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool MGB,
That works a treat!! Muchos Gratias!
Now I just need to find out where the services & bouquets are stored on the the PLi image

Sorry dude - was busy elsewhere, MGB as usual saves the day. :Clap:

Complete Fix Pack - here in DreamUp/FW Pro - works out of the box

Mods - if this ain't allowed - please delete...

I've 'found' the updated (raw - but working :) ) PLi Jade image for N2 Eire - complete fix pack for both DreamUp - which is in the pack/with user guides (Flash Erase = Nein) or Flashwizard Pro.

Organised into neat bouquets and ready to use...

Enjoy in Eire :D

LINK

Re: Dreambox fix - not sure where to put libcrypto.so.0

I have loaded hypercam files into var/bin changed permissions so it can execute. Found that is was looking for libcrypto.so.0(./hypercam_1.06: error while loading shared libraen shared object file: No such file or directory) Found a link where Desp Dan had made file available but don't know where to put it.

Tried in var/bin directory no joy
I don't have a var/lib but I created one and put it there, still no joy
and I am not allowed to put in root\lib directory

Any thoughts anyone, thanks

Thats the problem with dreambox images,you can only play with the var folder.

Not too well up on telnet/linux commands but you may be able to create a symlink to the file in var/lib,

Failing that I read that you can use the dbox mgcamd fix on the dreambox so no need for the extra lib files,but i personally have not gone down that road.

Shout if you are stuck m8.

Afraid I am not to good with telnet/linux commands my self so may have to wait for some help on how to create a symlink to the lib, thanks

See if you have a usr/lib folder & put it in that.

tbh you would find rqcamd much smoother:) & mgcamd both work better than hypercam.

No usr/lib exists, will try the other options you suggested, cheers

Re: Complete Fix Pack - here in DreamUp/FW Pro - works out of the box

Enjoy in Eire :D
]

Oh yes you are the man!

works out of the box, like the man says, no messing around with the cams

Very happy pig right here :Clap:

Last edited:
Man I was so happy with that image LOL, best I ever had

ah well nothiing lasts forever

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but can someone tell me if the images for dreambox 500c can be used for 600c or there are different images for the 600c? Cheers,
jamdorj.

totally different images m8

Hi I am having an issue with my Dream Box which was used in the UK and I am now trying to set it up for NTL Dublin.

I have done what the previous posts said with FTPing the hypercams on and the chgmod to 755
and this:

Press blue button on remote, to go to Tux Commander.

Select var folder
select the bin folder
hightlight hypercam 1.06.

Press red button to execute,
press exit
press red button to SAVE settings and exit.
go to main menu to the service searc

select Dublin NT hell and scan for channels.

But I have still no luck. Do you think I may have to get a serial null cable and complete a dream up with an new image?

Is there an Linux command I can run on the box to install the cam so I cam select it on the normal menu?

Last edited:
Is the file at the beginning of this thread only for people in Ireland? I'm in S.Wales and need a key update.

Thanks

Back