Dreambox fix

works a treat :Cheers:

no need to delete anything just ftp new rom 7 to var keys.

well done to all those that made it happen.

DCC is DreamBox Control Center

It always full back up FTP and a lot of other stuff, it is a must have with DM

Works fine on clone 500c using DW 2.1 image, ftp rom file to /var/keys and press blue button restart evocamd and channels clear within 20 seconds.
If your dreambox is not connected via a router or switch you need a ethernet crossover cable. Connect your dreambox to your PC's network card. Set static IP addresses on the same subnet for both your pc and dreambox. makesure you have a FTP client installed on the PC such as Filezilla.

e.g:
Pc
IP: 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: Not Required.

Dreambox
go to settings, expert setup, communucation setup, remove tick from DHCP box, make sure enable network box is ticked.

Use details

ip: 192.168.1.3
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: not required

Then start ftp client software on PC enter address to connect to as 192.168.1.3, username: root, password: dreambox. Make sure any firewall etc is disabled.
Once connected navigate to the \var\keys folder on the dreambox and drap and drop nagrarom7.bin from wherever it is on your pc to the \var\keys folder and overwrite the exiisting file. restart Evocamd on dreambox via blue button and job done.

If you have a router then just connect dreambox to your router with a normal straight through ethernet cable, check settings in dreambox, menu, settings, expert settings, communication setup. Make sure DHCP is ticked, and enable network is ticked. Your dreambox should obtain a IP address from your routers internal DHCP server which is enabled by default on most routers. Make a note of the address yuor dreambox is on and use this address in your FTP client to connect to the dreambox.

hi this worked for original dreambox but two clones couldnt connect through ethernet through router ??? any ideas

dodgy ethernet port, try wrapping the ethernet cable around the box to make a better connection.

hi this worked for original dreambox but two clones couldnt connect through ethernet through router ??? any ideas

thanks everyone im up and running thanks very much, big shout to tony who gave me 1to 1 on msn lol

Much appreciated for the fix i used smirnoff_rules working image works a treat how do we go about donating to the site plz ? I know i should of done it sooner but funds were tight

hi my ethernet port is not working tryd all sorts it just wont work i have tryd the fix using dreamup but it wont let me scan for chennels so if any one can give me a copy way i can scan for chennels or one that has channels scand in for exc&w i wold be gr8tfull thank you

hi my ethernet port is not working tryd all sorts it just wont work i have tryd the fix using dreamup but it wont let me scan for chennels so if any one can give me a copy way i can scan for chennels or one that has channels scand in for exc&w i wold be gr8tfull thank you

yes im in the same boat , i only use dream up as not familiar with fxp , however when i go into menu there is no service searching option , only service organizing ? any ideas , could some one pm me please , im in west midlands , walsall using tw .
thanks in advance

ps this not my first post , iv re registered as forgot my details

:Drums:thanks for all the help, have been at it hours but eventually got there

Many thanks for the help and work done by all the brainy people on the site..:Cheers::emotions1

thanx all for this, ftp'ed it over but i wont know its working until next keyroll due to just updating the keys before finding this file, do you acturally have to delete rom 10 and 11 then? because i wasnt 100% sure which file to delete as there was more than one, but either way this new rom7 overwrote the old one :)

Back