Dreambox+Ethernet Bridge to Internet???

gersrt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Can someone help me pls, ive tried everything...

I am trying to connect my dm500-s connected to ethernet bridge to my wireless router for internet access, but can't connect. The bridge is wirelessly connected to router and I am seeing the network connected, but the dreambox keeps saying no net access.

Pls help

Thanks in advance
Ger

Have you got the correct IP address for the box and have you added in the router

Basicly if I connect the ethernet cable from the bridge to my laptop, im getting internet no problem, but when i plug the cable into dreambox nothing, even though bridge is still connected to router, I know its a setting issue on the dreambox network menu, but ive tried every setting i could google on it, but still no net access.

Is the box showing in the router, DO you know the IP address of the dreambox, have you checked to see if it shows in the router, have you enabled dhcp in the dreambox

Yes box is showing in router, didn't tick dhcp on dreambox, as I was told elsewhere that you shouldn't tick that option.

Thanks

So its seems like it could be your bridge that is the issue then, try without the bridge. connect directly to the router and then log into the router and refresh the device list. If its listed note the IP address and try again, as when I did mine it itialilly showed up as something like 192.168.1.8 but when I could not connect, I checked the router and the IP had changed to .9

Then I was able to conenct once I had the correct address again

HTH

Try ticking the DHCP box in the Dreambox menu and see if that works,

If it does and you really need your dreambox to have a static ip then just assign it one in the routers settings.

my brother in law was having problems with his. he turned on dhcp and was getting an ip address but no internet access after a while we noticed dhcp had set his default gateway as 192.168.0.0. His router's address was actually 192.168.0.2. After changing this it worked perfectly!!:Clap:

try having a look at this

have you restarted the receiver?? had the same problem until i restarted mine.

Did you manage to get this sorted yet ???????

Wont get a chance to look at it to later, but thanks guys, Il keep you posted and let you know if and how I get it working.

thanks

Ok This is really starting to piss me off.

Ive tried dhcp...nothing.

I have ethernet bridge connected to laptop right now and on net, so its connected to the router and has net access.

When I plug the ethernet bridge into the dreambox while its still connected to router...no net access, ive changed gateway to ip of my router and still nothing. What am I doing wrong.

have u tried without the bridge yet

yes tried without bridge works fine

Is there a guide or something, and il start from scratch

well i remeber reading somewhere, maybe you can ask digidude as I think it was he who mentioned it. Something about compatibility with hubs - 10base one did not work and had to use giga bit - sorry for being hazzy just cant remember right now

so maybe you can search for this

or what are the specs for the bridge

hth

What I dont understand is why are people recommending the OP to enable DHCP on the dreambox? When it would be best to have a static IP, as the OP is likely needing a bridge for c/s purposes(so you can FTP to it easily to add clines, plugins etc...)

Also, what kind of a bridge do you have?
ie:
do you have a homeplug attached?
are you using a dreambox bridge, like the following?
http://image1.dhgate.com/upload/20101/8/ff808081241901b101241fab229e179a/productimg1263729514729.jpg
Are you using a Belking gaming bridge?
Are you using an ordinary router, thats been modified with DD WRT, tomato or Open WRT?

By knowing the above, we may be able to help you configure the bridge properly

Last edited:
Because we are trying to help!!!

If he can get it working by using DHCP then he could assign it a static ip in his router,
if not we can rule that out and try something different :)

Ok sorry guys for lack of info.

The bridge is a wga54g wireless gaming adapter.

The router is a regular belkin wireless g, no mods.

The bridge ip is 192.168.1.250

The router ip is 192.168.2.1

Ive tried changing bridge ip to 192.168.2.2

Dreambox ip to 192.168.2.3

and put the gateway on the dreambox to 192.168.2.1 (router) addy

Bridge is defo connected wirelessly to router because I can get internet access through it on laptop.

p.s im using patch cable if this makes a difference.

Thanks Guys for all help

Are you sure nothing else is using 192.168.2.3 (thats connected to the router) How many devices do you have on your network?

Try setting your DM IP to 192.168.2.15, and see what happens

Also, whilst your bridge has an IP of 192.168.2.2, does it mirror the configurations on your router
ie: your router is a belkin(the below is a purely fictional set up)
the SSID is Belkinrouter
Uses WPA/2 security-password bhgkd0034hehfi
It is running on the same channel ie: channel 6
It uses a TKIP+AES Algorithm

Therefore on your bridge, the settings should be as the following:
the SSID is Belkinrouter
Uses WPA/2 security-password bhgkd0034hehfi
It is running on the same channel ie: channel 6
It uses a TKIP+AES Algorithm

As in it should mirror the settings from your main router

Back